Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How doo you get the bolt out of the center of the primary? I got the outer half off and the bolt that holds primary to crank is still attached. Looked every where on you tube.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also contrary to what I have read on here. ALL 2014 Mavericks have the new clutch cover, Not just the maxs'. So if you are installing a STM secondary you will need the Flange kit that they sell. For 60 Plus crazy shipping price. Nice!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I had to tap the inner sheave with hammer or mallet while turning the puller so it would release. Also it helps to put a tiny bit of grease on the tip of the puller bolt so it will turn easier.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to tap the inner sheave with hammer or mallet while turning the puller so it would release. Also it helps to put a tiny bit of grease on the tip of the puller bolt so it will turn easier.
Dog, There is no place for puller to go. I gotta get the stud out of crank first. I guess this is the updated stud. This is a 14' xrs

·
Registered
354 Posts
How doo you get the bolt out of the center of the primary? I got the outer half off and the bolt that holds primary to crank is still attached. Looked every where on you tube.
I don't see how you can half the outer-half off w/o removing the bolt.Does that bolt/stud have an allen screw at the end of it?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have a video i made of how to disassemble it. i just have not got it loaded to youtube yet. i planned on editing it tonight actually. it should be up tomorrow.

NOT all 14s have the new cover. i just did a brand new 14 yesterday, it had the new stud, and the old style cover. BUT i have ran into a few 14s with the new style cover. maybe on the beginning run of the 14s in august, they ran the current cover inventory out before they begain using the new cover.

i have a new adaptor piece too that you can use with the STM secondary.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a big nut with allen screw in middle of it. I didnt loosen the allen screw, just turned nut ccw and tapped clutch with mallet. Outer came off inner stayed on crank with stud through center

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adam. Cool i could use the help. How much for that flange? Looks like im gonna needs it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K i stand corrected on the updated cover but mine has it

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
To remove the stud, double nut it, tighten one nut against the other, and then use the inner nut to remove. You either have to hold the primary, or put an Allen in the passenger side of the crank.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
just sent...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Will those upgraded vent for the 14's help keep the belt cool by drawing fresh air in?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts