Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've searched every where so if it's on here sorry. I'm trying to install the super atv lift on my mav. To those guys who have installed a lift on there mav how did you compress the shocks to get the shocks back on? I don't have a compress spring tool. Are yall just using ratchet straps or is there another way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm guessing you've allready used your spanner wrench to back the tension off the springs? If so, you should be able to compress them by hand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I didn't even know what that was until you just told me lol. I'll try that this evening. When I get it put on should I soften my shocks or leave em?

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you want the full lift advertised, you will have to measure or mark the stock location and go back to that point. I would start there and adjust +/- as needed. Post some after pics.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I installed mine with shocks at stock height with no issues. Bolted right up .

i assume your talking bout the rear and I did have a slight issue now that I'm thinking bout it. Leave the rear brackets really loose and bring the shock eye in from the rear. If your trying to go in from the bottom you can't do it. Loosen up slide in from rear lol no pun intended.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just fold out shock

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So did you leave your shocks at stock height after you installed it? Did it make the ride much ruffer? I don't want the ride to be horrible but if it's not much of a difference I'll just leave the shocks the same as they are now. I've read where people adjust there shocks to make it softer after they put the lift on

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's fine at stock height rides just find til u put these on :-/ lol but she goes

·
Registered
668 Posts
Rear cage extension is UTVinc .

yes them are 31 wides my friend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When using this spanner wrench do I use it at the top of the spring? And just turn it? Sorry Idk much about shocks at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got it done. I just used some straps. The tool was to big of a pain. Lol I was probably doing something wrong. But it took no time after I got that first one on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts