Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's a just a woman thing, i prefer to read instructions, don't like to do things twice and figured this forum would be a good place for info on my new toy

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Welcome Smitty! Personally I dont know of anyone who has installed the brp skids. If they can just go on over them then I would just do that. No telling why they would tell you to do that. Could be to keep from vibration against the frame. Enjoy your new toy!:cool2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcome, it states to remove one side and not the other and figured I would throw it out there but if no suggestions from anyone that has installed them then so be it! Can't wait to ride :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I removed each side and reinstalled the aliminum ones there is no rattles as they rivet up tight. Welcome to this site it will provide you with lots of good info,laughs and bantering....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are these the alum ones that covers the whole bottom?
If, how do you like them?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Anyone who has these please post your thoughts. Are these only available thru the dealer?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Instructions state to leave left lateral plastic skid on, anyone know why that is?
So did you get them installed?
If so,how do you like them?
Anyone else have these?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great thank you we will go ahead and remove both. Thank you for the welcome everyone!
Just wondering how you like the skidplates?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Depending on which left side, it could be to offer more protection for the fuel tank. When I installed my uhmw skids, there was a hole in front of the right rear tire. So I used the OEM cover that came on the Mav.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well now, that's funny. I had the dealer install mine, and when I got it back there was one plastic one left in the spot you mentioned. I just assumed they were missing a part and would replace it when my new roll cage comes in. Now I'm wondering....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts