Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
On the super atv power steering install what does the blue wire do? It is not mentioned.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I believe it's for speed sensitivity. Tuck it in behind the unit, not needed.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I got my wicked built installed over the weekend, it was super easy to install. Probably took a 1 1/2hr tops. Only took it down the pavement road but wow, it steers super easy. I can't wait to get it on the trail. A little hint on what I did for the red/green wire that needs key on power was to splice it into the red wire of the 2 wire connector with the white cap next to the fuse panel instead of the yellow wire at the ignition switch. Also if you have the BRP stereo system, the front drivers speaker will need to be relocated/removed or modify the module bracket & relocate the module so it will clear the speaker. I have seen both p/s systems on the market installed in the Mav & I think the wicked is the cleanest install for sure.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I ordered my wicked built power steering today. I plan on installing it friday. I hope its easier than a commander.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought ez-steering from superatv.com and it was the same I had on my commander xt for a year and I had no problem and it took me about 3 hours on the commander and it only took about 1 hour on the maverick, but its well worth it for sure and yes they cost $600.00

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got my power steering installed today. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I was night and day easier than the one I installed on my commander. I didn't even have to get angry. And I must say ATV outfitters has some good deals on the wicked built.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts