Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got through installing and tuning my QSC primary. I couldn't wait for my stock primary to fall off so I went ahead and put my QSC off my commander on.I got it tuned pretty close with some help from Adam at QSC. After mud nationals he said he would know exactly what needs to be done. This is what I have it doing know:launch is 8000 then it falls to 7700-7800 until about 65 mph where it falls to 7300. Then at 70 mph the rpms go up to 7900 and tops out at 80 mph and 8000 rpms.I guess the rpms falling at 65 mph is the secondary spring I've been hearing about.I tried to tune it out but all I can do is change the mph that it falls back at.I will probably be getting a STM secondary anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Would rather my RMP fall off some then my clutch fall off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would rather my RMP fall off some then my clutch fall off.
You got that right. My next test will be to see how much of a performance gain it is. I raced three of my buddies with 900xps and in 300 feet I can beat them about 5 feet between us. I'll try them again tomorrow and see what kind of difference it makes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The speedo said 80 mph. I don't know how accurate it is. Now thats on the highway.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought it was speed limited also like my commander thats why i was so surprised to see it.It did take awhile to get there. I didn't try it with the stock primary so I don't know how fast it was stock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good deal Chris. We will be doing a QSC and STM(secondary) tuning review soon and we also have a rage 6 w STM secondary coming with a full review.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good deal Chris. We will be doing a QSC and STM(secondary) tuning review soon and we also have a rage 6 w STM secondary coming with a full review.
I'm waiting for Adam at QSC to do some testing with the STM. He said after next weekend he should have some good info them I'll order me a STM.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have me a Rage 6 and Secondary that I was going to install on my Renegade. Installing it on the Maverick next week. Tired of worrying about the clutch imploding.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm waiting for Adam at QSC to do some testing with the STM. He said after next weekend he should have some good info them I'll order me a STM.
Ok. Yeah he is working with Kris at Cold Blooded Performance to help get this right I believe. It sure was a great setup on the commander.

·
Registered
711 Posts
any of you guys that wanna do a full STM primary and secondary. i have done the rage 6 already and know exactly how it needs to be set up.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Pm me a price Adam, I'm a fast/aggressive trail rider. Lots of drag racing and hill climbing , no mudding, no oversized tired very little technical slow pace trails

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have me a Rage 6 and Secondary that I was going to install on my Renegade. Installing it on the Maverick next week. Tired of worrying about the clutch imploding.....
That was me. I had this QSC off my commander lying around and I couldn't enjoy riding worrying about the stock clutch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here is quick, crappy video of my mav running 79 mph. It ran 80 the other day but it is windy today so all I could get was 79.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I got it fixed

1 - 20 of 44 Posts