Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of yellow turnkey doors installed on the xrs? I've seen the black and would like to see how the yellow match up on the maverick xrs before I make a decision.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im waiting on mine to come in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does anyone have pics of yellow turnkey doors installed on the xrs? I've seen the black and would like to see how the yellow match up on the maverick xrs before I make a decision.
I'm thinking of going this way. Looked at a couple pic's on the Stock Maverick (Yellow) and think that those same doors would like great looking on the XRS.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Im actually going the other way like someone else went here black it out. The first thing will be pwdr coat the yellow bead locks black. I feel the yellow ring really takes away from the look of the wheels

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you get your rims powder coated, do you take the tires off? if so, is it easy to pull the tires off of the bead locks? I need to replace a tire on my commander bead locks but don't know whether I should take it to a shop or attempt it myself.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
When you get your rims powder coated, do you take the tires off? if so, is it easy to pull the tires off of the bead locks? I need to replace a tire on my commander bead locks but don't know whether I should take it to a shop or attempt it myself.
??!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes you have to remove the tires as the the rims need to be acid stripped and the powder coating process requires baking the wheels at 400 Degrees. The only issue you will have removing the tire is breaking down the inner bead. If you do not have a bead breaker take it to some one that does.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Easy way to break the bead that anyone can do is lay down some cardboard in the driveway, then lay the wheel/tire down with the bead you need to break facing up. Then lay a board down with one end on the ground and the other end on the tire right up next to the bead. Then have someone spot you while you drive your car/truck wheel on the board. As you drive up and put pressure on the bead it will pop off.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Easy way to break the bead that anyone can do is lay down some cardboard in the driveway, then lay the wheel/tire down with the bead you need to break facing up. Then lay a board down with one end on the ground and the other end on the tire right up next to the bead. Then have someone spot you while you drive your car/truck wheel on the board. As you drive up and put pressure on the bead it will pop off.
Been doing it that way for years. Works like a charm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts