Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got it in yesterday and im happy with it. Install wasnt to bad, i only ran into two issues. First was the stock cat is a pain in the ass to get out so i had to take the whole thing apart to get it out. Second is the diameter of the hardline pipe where it meets the muffler is the exact same diameter of the muffler inlet so there was no way it was sliding in. The inlet on the muffler is able to be widened but i didnt have anything available to me in my shop to do it so i ended up taking both mufflers to a muffler shop and had them widen the ends with their machine. After that they slid right on but then the exhaust clamps were a real bitch to get on lol. Other than that install was fairly straight forward. I fired it up and it sounds much better. I have a few exhaust leaks i have to fix but i just need to readjust one of the pipes and that should be fine. It was dark when i finished so ill get some pics up this morning.

Great product from Hardline, they get my recommendation.

Reactions: SCOTTDMAX

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well i got it in yesterday and im happy with it. Install wasnt to bad, i only ran into two issues. First was the stock cat is a pain in the ass to get out so i had to take the whole thing apart to get it out. Second is the diameter of the hardline pipe where it meets the muffler is the exact same diameter of the muffler inlet so there was no way it was sliding in. The inlet on the muffler is able to be widened but i didnt have anything available to me in my shop to do it so i ended up taking both mufflers to a muffler shop and had them widen the ends with their machine. After that they slid right on but then the exhaust clamps were a real bitch to get on lol. Other than that install was fairly straight forward. I fired it up and it sounds much better. I have a few exhaust leaks i have to fix but i just need to readjust one of the pipes and that should be fine. It was dark when i finished so ill get some pics up this morning.

Great product from Hardline, they get my recommendation.
That's great news! And thank you for the recommendation, I'm happy to hear you got them installed and are enjoying the results. The pipes are slightly larger in diameter than the OE cat, I did this to insure a tight secure fit, some expanding of the OE slip ons may be necessary, the OE slip on I.D. Is large enough to accommodate a 2" pipe and is pinched down to roughly 1.925" to seal around the O.E. cat pipe. Removing the band clamp will ensure expandability.

Rich

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You should not have to modify anything to get it to fit after paying. IMO that's BS.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Here's the problem. Some have slip ons, some cranked the heck out of their pipes, there is no one perfect answer and if you think about it you know I am right. Not talking huge mods, or even expense. You have to make sure it's a tight fit so there are no leaks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should not have to modify anything to get it to fit after paying. IMO that's BS.

There is no reason to cut/modify anything, simply expanding the slip on is not that difficult when done right and is not a "modification" the slip on is designed to open to 2", it can be done on the bench with an expander (at most auto part stores) you can buy one for $20 or rent it for less, it was designed to fit well, and it does just that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here's an idea...... Make the expanded portion of the delete the same size as the OE pipes. Then the issue is gone.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Here's an idea...... Make the expanded portion of the delete the same size as the OE pipes. Then the issue is gone.
he needs to make one side a hair bigger or smaller to slip into each other , not same size

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
When I pay for an aftermarket part, I expect it to fit without any additional work except to install it.
I would rather hollow out my cat and then reinstall it before spending money on something that requires added modification.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Richard,I am interested in doing this as well why not just expand the slipon before you ship them out? I agree with Desertdog.This should all be done before you ship them IMO If you want to sell more make it as simple as possible for the end user. Your a pipe guy and know exactly what needs to be done as you have done many.for Joe blow In the garage he has no clue what needs to be done this Is his first go around.If you know it needs expanded just do it! Im not going to purchase myself unless Its done and all I have to do Is assemble.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I had a slight figment issue with the Alba, but I slight tap of the hammer from the end fixed the problem. How does your setup sound now? Running stock exhaust?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I had a slight figment issue with the Alba, but I slight tap of the hammer from the end fixed the problem. How does your setup sound now? Running stock exhaust?
if ur not using a hammer to put something together , ur not putting something together right , lol

Reactions: Ttullis

·
Registered
175 Posts
Richard,I am interested in doing this as well why not just expand the slipon before you ship them out? I agree with Desertdog.This should all be done before you ship them IMO If you want to sell more make it as simple as possible for the end user. Your a pipe guy and know exactly what needs to be done as you have done many.for Joe blow In the garage he has no clue what needs to be done this Is his first go around.If you know it needs expanded just do it! Im not going to purchase myself unless Its done and all I have to do Is assemble.
Uhhh, because you have the slip on! He's talking about the mufflers, you expand them to fit over the new pipe.

People, it's not that damn hard. The slip ons for my Harley were the same way. The slip on is DESIGNED to expand, just grab some channel locks, open it up and pound it on there. Just make sure the clamp is very loose to give it room.

Once it's seated onto the cat delete, tighten up to clamp.

If you can't figure that out you have NO business working on your own machine.

Using an expander is optional, and neater but not necessary. Just spread it open and pound it in there, you know like..... Nevermind

·
Registered
546 Posts
If u cut out the cats, does it make it louder?

·
Registered
363 Posts
If u cut out the cats, does it make it louder?
Gutting them, I didn't notice a sound difference..... but getting rid of the resonators with the straight pipe is louder. Its not too much louder though, and it sounds really good. At least in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Gutting them, I didn't notice a sound difference..... but getting rid of the resonators with the straight pipe is louder. Its not too much louder though, and it sounds really good. At least in my opinion. :)
Todd at Evolution Motorsports tested some custom x overs and 2 into 1 to 2 and lost HP, he finds that the Factory resonator works really well. He eliminated the Cat and put in some High flow cans and added in more fuel and she picked up 4+ HP so with the flash and cat delete and high flow cans he got 10HP to the Ground.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think I'm gonna keep mine on the max. I like the quiet, if I want some noise u I'll go make a pass in the race car....

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts