Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Commander XT 2 seater Triple Black
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on a pair of factory Can Am wind deflectors, had one small ride too see if they will get more air in cab.
yes, they bring in a lot of air into cab, perfect on hot days, fully adjustable to allow air in or across the inside of windshield or total deflect air from coming in on cold days.
Not sure if it will help with dust coming into cab, it shoud if adjusted proper.
They were exspensive, but I think they will be woth it.
Vey nice fit and finish, easy to install.

kennerk

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good! I was wondering if these would fit well with mirrors. They look to fit just fine. Nice to have this option to get more air movement with the full windshield. I'm typically too hot with our half windshield but would like to get a full one to cut down on the dust.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would the deflectors catch on branches etc when riding in the woods? Do they fold back out of the way if needed?

·
Registered
72 Posts
We installed these on our Sport as well. Found them to help air flow with a full windshield on, but not a replacement for the full windshield off

Would they catch on branches, sure! Just don’t drive next to branches and they won’t catch

We ride some very tight wooded trails and have not had a problem with them ever catching anything, but they could....

·
Registered
109 Posts
We installed these on our Sport as well. Found them to help air flow with a full windshield on, but not a replacement for the full windshield off

Would they catch on branches, sure! Just don’t drive next to branches and they won’t catch

We ride some very tight wooded trails and have not had a problem with them ever catching anything, but they could....

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anybody have the mounting instructions you can send me? They are supposed to be available on line but I just get the spinning circle of death for hours.

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Commander XT 2 seater Triple Black
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mirrors are factory Can Am, they are not mounted on the doors, they mount on the lower A pillar with brackets.
kenner

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put on a pair of factory Can Am wind deflectors, had one small ride too see if they will get more air in cab.
yes, they bring in a lot of air into cab, perfect on hot days, fully adjustable to allow air in or across the inside of windshield or total deflect air from coming in on cold days.
Not sure if it will help with dust coming into cab, it shoud if adjusted proper.
They were exspensive, but I think they will be woth it.
Vey nice fit and finish, easy to install.

kennerk
Will they work on the center roll cage on 4 seater?

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport Max
17 Posts
We found an added bonus to these on a 500 miler in Northern WI and Yoop, morning temps were in the 30's so a bit chilly. Rotated all the way in they do help keep defog the windshield as advertised. The bonus was with them rotated all they way out they seemed to divert air around the cab. They provided no heat, but less wind chill.

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,593 Posts
they almost remind me of the old tri-angle windows on old trucks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey guys who have installed them, I have been considering them to bring air in to reduce dust. I have the rear window and now front window, and noticed some dust entering after the front window was installed. Have they helped reduce or eliminate dust from coming in?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,260 Posts
As posted here, I purchased Bent Metal's vented glass full windshield and installed that this past weekend. Today, my buddy and I did a 55+ mile loop from home garages to continue USFS trail inspection within the Tonto NF. As figured, much improved solution to reduce dusty beard and irritated eyes while avoiding wind noise transmitted from my helmet (ham radio) mic. Downside was insufficient airflow to remove warm air from shifter tunnel and lower center bulkhead between the seats. Also, it seemed to capture engine odors, with me getting out a few times to ensure no gas was leaking. Hoping it wasn't carbon monoxide fumes!

So, I checked RMATV's website and found the subject Can-Am wind deflectors, which appear are the only products available for this platform application. Their discounted $153 cost doesn't dissuade, however I'm looking for updates from those that installed them since this topic was posted 1.5 yrs ago. My concern is that intruding brush and dead tree limbs in tight narrow terrain we frequent will rip the deflectors off. I'm ok with "pin striping", which will just match what tends to happen during our rides. So then, how have yours held up? Any other aftermarket options available that I haven't found?

TIA...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have them installed and they work great. Been though lots of branch invested trails with no problem so far.

Automotive design Automotive exterior Fender Bumper Carbon

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,260 Posts
^^^ Thanks for your feedback! Spotted your pics on another related forum topic, however opinions and satisfaction with this type of product often changes with time and usage...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts