Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed them both at the same time and it woke it up !!
Now I am thinking I need to order some spare axles for it. I havnt done any fast riding just some trail and hill climbing and what a difference.

Reactions: Andy

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Thats what I want to hear.....Mine will ship out mid week. I bought both as well, along with a secondary spring. What kind of speed and rpm are you seeing in low/sport with the CVTech?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never looked at the speed, but had no problem hitting 8k on the RPM real fast.
I was up to 2000 / 2100 RPM's to engage.

The low speed sport mode will pull the front tires off the ground and mine are not lite. You will not regret the clutch and spring, not sure what setup you ordered but mine is for trail and mud and the spring had viliot color.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I asked for a lower engagement (1700 rpm) and setup for sand/trail riding. Adam suggested the secondary spring to help back shift in the sand. Waiting for this stuff to get here...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it says 70% of power but it feels more like 70% of throttle which would be more like 50% of power. There is that much of a difference to me by installing it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed them both at the same time and it woke it up !!
Now I am thinking I need to order some spare axles for it. I havnt done any fast riding just some trail and hill climbing and what a difference.
what did that set up cost and how long did it take to get the clutch once you ordered it? thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the clutch, spring and switch I think it was around 1000.00, it took about 2 hrs to do it all. But I had to order the puller bolt from the dealer I didnt think about it until after I had ordered the clutch.

I have 2 mavericks to do and ordered 2 kits at the same time havnt changed the other one yet.

·
Registered
711 Posts
the mav's are limited to 70% throttle, which literally does feel like 50% power. they are complete turd baskets in low range without that sport mode switch.

for the duners and wide-open trail guys who run 90% high range. the sport mode low range kit does you nothing. the guys with big tires, running in low range, its a necessity.

the maverick is the fastest thing on the market right now. its literally the "one to beat" so all these southern mud guys who already have mavericks, installing their 30-33" mud tires going out to be the biggest baddest machine on the mud trails, running around and pimping like the big dog..... and line it up to your buddies XP900 and watch him dust roll you in low range and your feelings are gonna be hurt severely. the maverick is a turd in low range stock. a stock xp900 with 31" tires, and a maverick with 31" tires, both in low range, the XP900 is almost a full bike length ahead at 200ft

i did alot of testing this last week, doing before and after videos. one of my videos and tests i did was two bone stock machines, literally bone stock off the showroom floor 3 days prior. i installed a sport mode low range kit on one, and ran the two side by side. they are dead even in high range, and dead even in low range racing side by side. by flipping the switch and running one in sport mode low and one in standard low range, there was a 5 bike length difference in 200ft. i should have that video up pretty soon. just visualize how far 200ft is, its a fairly short distance for a drag race. the maverick with sport mode in low range was 5 bike lenghts ahead of the stocker at 200ft. thats HUGE!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Go on ebay search sport low switch its from articbomb 190.00 bucks plug n play switch fits commander/maverick I got mine from him because the 145.00 one you have to splice into one wire

·
Registered
468 Posts
U will not regret it I assure. Probably my favorite mod so far and also the one that you get ur most bang for ur buck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts