Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I had a boss 14 inch sound bar and I just hated it. So I sold it to a buddy and bought me a kenwood car bluetooth radio. No it's not marine grade but I don't go through mud and wash the dash by hand anyways. So I figured I'll hack my dash bezel up and fiberglass my 99 camaro dash kit into it. I think it turned out nice. Almost looks factory. Now my system sounds great. 6.5 mtx speakers in roof pod and a 8 inch ssl lopro powered subwoofer under dash.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gear shift

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
Hey everyone, I had a boss 14 inch sound bar and I just hated it. So I sold it to a buddy and bought me a kenwood car bluetooth radio. No it's not marine grade but I don't go through mud and wash the dash by hand anyways. So I figured I'll hack my dash bezel up and fiberglass my 99 camaro dash kit into it. I think it turned out nice. Almost looks factory. Now my system sounds great. 6.5 mtx speakers in roof pod and a 8 inch ssl lopro powered subwoofer under dash. View attachment 272925
Looks good, great job!

Reactions: Mike_trail21

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice how did you mount it to dash
It slides back into the factory 3 clips. I added a steel bracket that I self tapped into the frame. I made a quick plastic enclosure to surround the radio and drilled a hole into the back to secure it to the bracket I made. The picture makes it look long for some reason it's only 5 inches deep. Radio is 3.25 inches just wanted some breathing room. It doesn't move, stays in place. This is a media radio so it weighs maybe 2 pounds just a bluetooth radio no cd player so it's a more shallow unit
Circuit component Wood Gas Electronic instrument Electronic engineering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts