Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After mounting the motor to the bracket on the steering, the upper shaft only touches the motor where it needs to connect as if if was about 1.5 inches short. However, the lower shaft touches the brake pedal as opposed to being in the hole of the fire wall. I looked at the bracket on the motor and it's installed just like the installation video. I also tried turning the u-joint to see if the angle could change anything. As soon as I bolt the motor to the steering, I can't do anything but have the lower shaft touch the pedal.

Anyone else have this issue when installing their kit? I know the solution will be obvious but I have been looking at it for 45 minutes and can't figure this out.

Thanks

Denis 20130904_203821.jpg 20130904_203845.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wish I had PS, so here's a bump for ya. Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have put on three of these so far. You need to adjust the motor and bracket so the shaft goes through the original hole in the rubber flap area. You should also leave the slip yokes loose until you get the motor positioned correctly. I don't quite understand what you have done but it goes together pretty good.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Same thing happened to me I was like what the heck! you have to leave bracket that motor is on kinda loose and move the motor around and line up lower shaft thrue the center of hole in flap on floorboard like post said earlier. It works you will get it I got mine to work and had same issue as you. keep at it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Something isn't right with how you've got the motor mounted. Can't tell what's going on really from the pic but I've got alot of lower shaft (the long one) going thru the firewall the u joints are no where near my brake pedal or firewall. I'll take a pic of mine when I get off work this evening if you don't get it figured out.

Nathan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got it installed. I had the plate on the steering column at the wrong angle. Thanks for the tips.

Looking forward to trying it on Saturday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the EZ steer kit from Super ATV. Good price and was on my door step in 3 days. Installation was a snap. If anyone is having issues with the directions, chech out the video installation on their web page. So far, great product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts