Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on where to mount the particle separator with the roof rack, pivoting rack, and windshield? I saw a helpful post on here about where to mount it with just the pivoting rack, but was wondering about extra issues related to the windshield and the roof rack.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I've seen others where they moved it forward, into the passenger compartment, with a windshield and said they had no issues.
This would keep it clear of the pivoting rack, as well as the roof rack.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
It fits with this combination in the "lower right offset" mounting position. Not much room for error though, maybe 0.75" clearance from the rack above and filter housing below. One bolt on the rack touches the flexible intake pipe...will see if that causes any issue over time

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
This was also with the rear mesh screen installed. The separator unit doesn't intrude forward into cab space at all

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
It fits with this combination in the "lower right offset" mounting position. Not much room for error though, maybe 0.75" clearance from the rack above and filter housing below. One bolt on the rack touches the flexible intake pipe...will see if that causes any issue over time
pics?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
This is how I did mine with everything you have minus the roof rack.
Mine's very similar to this, except I used the top bar (Ciege pic). Considering moving it to the back (like the other pics), but the wifey says 'don't mount that thing any closer to my head!' (Noise...)

My son also mounted his similar to the other pics (jmkreege's pics).

On a side note, where did the rear screen come from?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Mine's very similar to this, except I used the top bar (Ciege pic). Considering moving it to the back (like the other pics), but the wifey says 'don't mount that thing any closer to my head!' (Noise...)

My son also mounted his similar to the other pics (jmkreege's pics).

On a side note, where did the rear screen come from?
It's an OEM accessory. Got mine from Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
...went from this:
particle separator and air pump.jpg T.jpg

to this:
20191011_105611.jpg 20191011_105622.jpg

it is pretty tight, but it all fits very nicely:
20191011_105752.jpg 20191011_105824.jpg
20191011_105640.jpg
With everything tucked in like this, you shouldnt have any issues with roof racks, and the intrusion bars are the only issue with a windshield.
GINORMOUS THANX to jmkreege for the pics that helped me see how this worx. :smile:

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I don’t know if I’m late to this post and the work was done DumontX3 but this is how I have my set up. I don’t have a rear window or net setup on my SxS.

Run! the lobsters are loose.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts