Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled my exhaust system to wrap it with heat tape and the easiest way to pull the front head pipe is to remove the CVT housing cover. Now that the cover is off the belt is exposed and I figured since it's there I may as well do an inspection. Is there anything specific I should look for other than measuring the width and looking for flat spots? My Mav has 225 miles on it now and I think 12.5 hours and as of yet has never been to the dunes or mudded or anything. I've only done trail riding in the desert and have had no problems at all with the clutch or belt so I don't expect to see anything bad but thought I'd throw it out there to get any inspection ideas on the belt and the clutch. And when I bought it the dealer told me my clutch already had the recall done by the factory.
Right now, my belt width is 1.286 in (32.66mm). I did not look yet at what the factory specs are yet but does that sound about right for the miles I've run this thing so far?

DSCN1359.JPG

Side note, can't wait to run it with the exhaust wrapped up. Used a 50' roll to get it all the way back to the muffler cans except the huge pumpkin which looks like nothing more than a 2 into 1 combiner/crossover hybrid. I think the cat is actually in the start of the tail pipe splitter. That sucker is HEAVY. Anyhow, after I shot this picture, my buddy shows up with about 25' of used wrap that I used to finish the job. Yeah, it took about 25' to wind the wrap around that tank and it's pretty near impossible to perfectly cover the whole thing because of the odd shape. Eventually you get to the point where you say good enough.

DSCN1356.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Width of the belt is really what you can look at , but it will still work if under spec. Wider will ride higher and get a better top speed. You can always rake it off and clean it with soapy water, blow off dust and red scotch brite the she eves for more grip.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably just hit it with compressed air while installed to see if I've got a lot of rubber dust from wear. The picture shows I'm about a 1/4" from the top of the sheeve so I'm not using it all but the only time I ran it down a straight I hit 76 mph so that's good enough. Is there any inspection on that primary bolt to see if it's stretched or anything.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
im 700 miles and my belt spec is 32.29 mm

what it min spec ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
while you are that far, it would be a good time to do a practice run on a belt change... beats learning how to do it out in the middle of no mans land.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Where do you measure the belt???? shoe
width wise side to side , almost the widest part right at or above the threads

1 - 13 of 13 Posts