Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some accounts of the rear wheels collecting rocks which get caught inside the wheel and do considerable damage to the wheel. Some even say the damage is severe enough to cause a flat. I am not having much success finding a source for flaps or guards to help prevent such damage. There have been some pictures but are all those custom made parts? I ride Arizona deserts, lots of rocks, and would like to prevent a problem before it happens. Anybody here have first hand experience with this issue? How to prevent it?

·
Registered
367 Posts
inside the rear wheels at the bottom of the wheel. there's a scraper. there's 4 bolts that mount the bracket and scraper on. remove the 4 bolts. you don't have to pull the tires even - just lay under the back of the car.

Rockblox or something is what the flaps are called. Our vendors have them.

https://www.proutvparts.com/products/trailing-arm-guards-by-rokblokz-for-can-am-x3 here's one of the versions.

·
Registered
202 Posts
inside the rear wheels at the bottom of the wheel. there's a scraper. there's 4 bolts that mount the bracket and scraper on. remove the 4 bolts. you don't have to pull the tires even - just lay under the back of the car.

Rockblox or something is what the flaps are called. Our vendors have them.

https://www.proutvparts.com/products/trailing-arm-guards-by-rokblokz-for-can-am-x3 here's one of the versions.
Rokblokz are the flaps and work great. Definitely fixed my issues. Like Josh said I would definitely invest in them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have read some accounts of the rear wheels collecting rocks which get caught inside the wheel and do considerable damage to the wheel. Some even say the damage is severe enough to cause a flat. I am not having much success finding a source for flaps or guards to help prevent such damage. There have been some pictures but are all those custom made parts? I ride Arizona deserts, lots of rocks, and would like to prevent a problem before it happens. Anybody here have first hand experience with this issue? How to prevent it?
Here is a picture of mine installed. The RC ones are not as wide due to the trailing arms guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here is a picture of mine installed. The RC ones are not as wide due to the trailing arms guards.
You have your flaps on backwards.:p I mounted mine behind the skid.

I have a few scratches in my wheels from rocks. I hope that removing the scrapers and having these flaps will stop anymore damage.

flap.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m one of those guys that has had a rim ruined do to a rock. 60 mikes on the car and had to replace the passenger side rim. I’m hoping the Rokblocks help. Or its going to get even more expensive and go with 15” rims and new tires.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yup pro Utv hooked me up too. Just put em on last night. A little tip on the install though. I talked to a couple guys that broke the self tapping screw off where you drill the rivet out. I ran a 1/4-20 tap thru the hole before the screw. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yup pro Utv hooked me up too. Just put em on last night. A little tip on the install though. I talked to a couple guys that broke the self tapping screw off where you drill the rivet out. I ran a 1/4-20 tap thru the hole before the screw. No issues.
I had the same exact issue and resolved it the same way, glad I am not the only one. I also noticed most of the brackets still have the Sharpie marks for there bends...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am looking into the Rokblokz but every instance is for a 72" car. Now i have to wonder if this problem is isolated to the 72" model?? Do I need guards at all on my 64" car?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I ride 99% desert here in AZ. I have the 64" model RC with about 350 miles on it since February. I removed the scrapers and the brackets on day one before the first ride and have not installed the Rokbloks and have had zero issues. Plenty of rocks here and none getting stuck in the wheels. I believe the overall consensus is to remove the scrapers and brackets. JMHO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ride 99% desert here in AZ. I have the 64" model RC with about 350 miles on it since February. I removed the scrapers and the brackets on day one before the first ride and have not installed the Rokbloks and have had zero issues. Plenty of rocks here and none getting stuck in the wheels. I believe the overall consensus is to remove the scrapers and brackets. JMHO
Thanks for that. I ride also Az desert most of the time. Seems like removing the scrapers and brackets is the right thing to do and is the course i will follow. IMO the jury is still out re. Rokblocx on the 64" RC and I will continue to research the issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts