Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Looking at cab heaters and the factory Can Am heater is way over priced, so I'm not going there. I see Inferno makes a heater kit for 399.00.
Was wondering if any one here has ever installed one of these heaters and how they like it.

Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recently installed the Inferno Heater in my 2019 Maverick Sport. It works great and does not take up all the dash space as the Can Am unit. Installation was not bad...just had to move a few wires under the dash. Would highly recommend this unit!

·
Registered
42 Posts
That looks like a really nice heater kit. Looking at the Inferno site, I am not clear on whats included for $399? Obviously the heater / fan unit, anything else or do you need to go to the accessories section for the hose, ducting and diffusers, switch, wire?

·
Registered
64 Posts
That looks like a really nice heater kit. Looking at the Inferno site, I am not clear on whats included for $399? Obviously the heater / fan unit, anything else or do you need to go to the accessories section for the hose, ducting and diffusers, switch, wire?
Everything is included, all hoses, clamps, shut-off, hose grommets, duct hose. Side by Side Stuff had it on sale for $359. I believe they still have it on sale.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the pictures, that really helps a lot.
I should be getting my Inferno heater next week, it will help my install a lot with the pictures.
Approx. how long did it take to install, any trouble bleeding air from system after install?

Thanks

kenner

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks a lot for the pictures, that really helps a lot.
I should be getting my Inferno heater next week, it will help my install a lot with the pictures.
Approx. how long did it take to install, any trouble bleeding air from system after install?

Thanks

kenner
It took most of the day as I am a handyman mechanic....lol. I purchased some hose clamp pliers off Amazon to close off the rad hoses so only lost a little antifreeze. Had to add antifreeze twice to top up. Seems fine now after a couple of runs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Would you be so kind as to post a picture of the front of the unit? Controls and such. TIA. - Steve
The unit comes with a switch with high and low settings. The four louvres are adjustable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here are a few more pics of the install.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks great. Does it have an adjustment for temp or is it just hi/low fan speed?
No adjustment for temp other than the shut-off valve. Just hi/low fan speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Soooo, are there temp controls and fan controls? What is the hi and lo? Fan speed?
No temp control other than the shut-off valve. Hi and low is fan speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just started to install my Inferno heater today, only spent around 1.5 hours on it today, 25 degrees in garage, so only picking away at it.
I found out you need to keep the 2 holes for the upper duct for defroster as close to bottom of dash, otherwise there is no room for the hose to come up to duct lovers.
I'll keep you posted as I go along.
kenner

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just started to install my Inferno heater today, only spent around 1.5 hours on it today, 25 degrees in garage, so only picking away at it.
I found out you need to keep the 2 holes for the upper duct for defroster as close to bottom of dash, otherwise there is no room for the hose to come up to duct lovers.
I'll keep you posted as I go along.
kenner
I centered mine bit had to squeeze the ducts a little in order to get the hose on. Did not seem to effect anything.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like that it's under dash, but the lack of controls is really killing me. When the time comes I think it will be the Can Am

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It took most of the day as I am a handyman mechanic....lol. I purchased some hose clamp pliers off Amazon to close off the rad hoses so only lost a little antifreeze. Had to add antifreeze twice to top up. Seems fine now after a couple of runs.
Did you end up putting back the plastic panels up front by the hoses?
I think getting those panels off was the hardest part of the job.
kenner

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you end up putting back the plastic panels up front by the hoses?
I think getting those panels off was the hardest part of the job.
kenner
Yes I put them back. Pain in the ass for sure. Went back on much easier then they came off if that helps any!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I put them back. Pain in the ass for sure. Went back on much easier then they came off if that helps any!
Was there enough room? my 2 heater hoses seem to be in the way big time, I can get to lower panel in alright but the upper panel is another story.
I'm afraid if I reinstall upper panel my hoses are going to be bent at to severe any.
Pete

·
Registered
64 Posts
Was there enough room? my 2 heater hoses seem to be in the way big time, I can get to lower panel in alright but the upper panel is another story.
I'm afraid if I reinstall upper panel my hoses are going to be bent at to severe any.
Pete
Had to cut a large notch out of the panel to accept the new hoses.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts