41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDSrr Orange again
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Talon r is 68” wide right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Talon 1000R’s 92.7-inch wheelbase contributes to this sport side-by-side’s tracking, and also gives you a super-smooth ride. At 68.4 inches wide and longer than the Talon 1000X, it places an emphasis on high-speed tracking and gives excellent control in whoops and rough terrain.

2020 Honda Talon

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
The Talon 1000R’s 92.7-inch wheelbase contributes to this sport side-by-side’s tracking, and also gives you a super-smooth ride. At 68.4 inches wide and longer than the Talon 1000X, it places an emphasis on high-speed tracking and gives excellent control in whoops and rough terrain.

2020 Honda Talon
Yeah I was just wondering where he came up with 8” narrower than a 72” buggy. Either he can’t do basic math or it’s a typo

·
Registered
316 Posts
Carp Cop, Rabbit Ranger, Swamp Sheriff, **** Cop, Deer Deputy, some are cool, some are just pricks because they got beat up in high school all the time.

·
Registered
2020 XDSrr Orange again
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
but he does have a point regarding the oversight from legislatures regarding width restrictions....

perhaps the moderator needs to create a sub forum for all the 90" wide car driving snooty snobs that live in the desert of Arizona & SoCal....

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
but he does have a point regarding the oversight from legislatures regarding width restrictions....

perhaps the moderator needs to create a sub forum for all the 90" wide car driving snooty snobs that live in the desert of Arizona & SoCal....
Mine stays 72” wide even with 15” wheels and 33” tires. So that makes me not a snooty snob. Lol

·
Registered
2020 XDSrr Orange again
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Once you've had triple black, you never go back.

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
73 Posts
Curious if any of you run the 72 in eastern trails like Hatfield and McCoy. I would feel terribly unsafe in something that wide there. I am a very hard rider. Still haven’t found someone who rides as hard and fast as I do there and really don’t find any issue with the 64 in terms of being in its side. In fact in 2500 miles I still haven’t rolled it. But I have a car racing background and throttle steering is second nature to me which helps in the slower corners. Anyway, curious if anyone that TRUELY rides hard in trails like HMT thinks the 72 is worth the extra width and danger of a head on with another rider. I’ve had less than an inch save me many times in the 64. If I had had the 72 it would have been a VERY different story.

·
Registered
2020 XDSrr Orange again
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Curious if any of you run the 72 in eastern trails like Hatfield and McCoy. I would feel terribly unsafe in something that wide there. I am a very hard rider. Still haven’t found someone who rides as hard and fast as I do there and really don’t find any issue with the 64 in terms of being in its side. In fact in 2500 miles I still haven’t rolled it. But I have a car racing background and throttle steering is second nature to me which helps in the slower corners. Anyway, curious if anyone that TRUELY rides hard in trails like HMT thinks the 72 is worth the extra width and danger of a head on with another rider. I’ve had less than an inch save me many times in the 64. If I had had the 72 it would have been a VERY different story.
I’ve ridden HMT & while in the trees it can be very deceptive if you go off trail
Several hundred feet drop!:oops:

some of those trails are narrow & fast with hero dirt traction levels
Hope both drivers are paying attention as I question if even 2 64” cars could pass going opposing directions in certain areas

let alone one of these magical 90” cars 😂

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Everyone says they ride hard. We call it palm steering lol. We ride hm some but not the main place we ride. We ride in tenn and southern Kentucky mostly. The trails are very similar to hm. The 64” machines can be turned into a rocket. They are faster through the trails but also do not ride as good. My racing days are over , I’m getting older and I want comfort rather than a rocket . Now with that said don’t think for a minute my 200 hp 72” buggy won’t flat roll on when provoked. Lol like said earlier once you own one you won’t go back to a smaller buggy, just like when all you could only get a 60” buggy and then they came out with the 64” . Everyone thought it was too wide when it came out but look at it now. It’s just an average size now days

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I’ve ridden HMT & while in the trees it can be very deceptive if you go off trail
Several hundred feet drop!:oops:

some of those trails are narrow & fast with hero dirt traction levels
Hope both drivers are paying attention as I question if even 2 64” cars could pass going opposing directions in certain areas

let alone one of these magical 90” cars
Kinda sounds like you got buyers remorse. Lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
So all size jokes aside for a moment. Being I live in heavily wooded mountains where a lot of access & connecting trails are generated & used by ATV's &, there are no 72" machines busting trail around here yet that I know of.. why would it be a mistake to get the 64" DS RR I'm planning on getting instead of a 72" that obviously is going to have problems fitting between trees & using these trails that are not accommodating for a big wide 72" machine? Heck, I'll be lucky to get 64" through some of these runs.
I know it's only 10" but that extra 10 has a whole lot of you quite pleased with yourselves & talkin smack like your junk is King Kong donkey dong & their is no good reason to go smaller?

If I could get everywhere around here with a big 72" machine.. well then of course I'd prefer that. But what I really want is to be able to RIDE & access as many places as I can around here where I live.

The only sand riding we'll be doing is in my kids sand box with those little monster trucks & 1:40 size construction vehicles.

Seriously though, if I'm making a mistake going 64" hoping I'll have better trail access I'd really appreciate some knowledge here in addition to the size bravado & tom foolery. Not that I don't love & appreciate tom foolery & schmack talk. I'm just looking for solid insight to base my decision on.

Spending almost 40G is definitely a lot of nut to have buyers remorse over.

Tanx

41 - 60 of 83 Posts