Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDSrr the fast color
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more of an antagonizing comment

but what is it that SxS people snub at anything less than 72" cars?
Polaris only is offering a 64" version 'gasp'!

this rumored Speed UTV that has a questionable dealer network - (a whole other topic)
is rumored to have a 80" version in the works! o_O

sure I'll just apply for an oversize CDL permit to transport my SxS from garage barn to the trails :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but world does not revolve around Glamis & 'some' ie 89% of SxS owners ride trails
example Honda only offers 64" X car to Canadia...

lets go Hummers!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Wider cars equal more suspension travel.

So with that said it's really about suspension travel not the width of the car.

For me even just the desert not even Glamis, more suspension travel is more better!

This reminds me of the super heavy weight weight lifter in the 70's when asked why did people really only pay attention to the super heavy weight competition, his response was

" who wants to watch little men lift little weights "

Go big or go home!

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
do you poor 64" people add wider tires and wheel spacers? Most of you ask "what's the widest tire I can fit" and "what wheel offset should I use to make my car wider"

wider means you can go into a corner faster without worry of high siding the car.

don't give me that BS about tight areas and trees, yall YEE YEE mofos drive jeeps with full width axles back there and bounce through all kinds of terrain. Sure you might have private land with restrictions to width but that does not mean you cant turn the steering wheel around a tree or use a "tree kicker" rock slider in the good ol West to pivot the car around you own property.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The wider the car the less chance of ending up on your side or roof. My Commander was so narrow I was constantly up on 2 wheels and on the side multiple times. I added long travel suspension including wheel spacers and it was no longer an issue. My Turbo charged Woodsbuggy is 84" wide in the rear and gives me great stability on off camber trails where I ride. Its the reason my X3 is the 72" version. The wider the better IMHO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wider = more stability (and for FIS more travel). Look at trophy trucks or Ultra4, they're 90+" wide. A 72" utv is still pretty tiny.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Why is everyone not slapping Reflex on their ride if “wider is better”??? 😝😝😝

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If you ever owned a Rhino, Commander, RZR 800, RZR 900, or nowdays follow anyone with a narrower car, you just shake your head and say THANK goodness I got a 72" car.

We don't do the dunes anymore. After living at them for 60 years, we wanted to try something different.

So we switched to the desert and rocks for exploring.

Go wide or go home

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
For best handling, there is a golden ratio of wheelbase to track width, roughly 1.4:1 or 1.5:1 for desert riding.
The two seat should be 68-73" wide. 68 x 1.5 = 102" wheelbase. 73 x 1.4 = 102" wheelbase.
The MAX should be 90-96" wide. 90 x 1.5 = 135" wheelbase. 96 x 1.4 = 135" wheelbase. o_O :eek::ROFLMAO:

TTs are typically 125/90 = 1.4

The longer the wheelbase, the more stable it will be front to rear. (pitch)
The wider the track width, the more stable it will be side to side. (roll)
Everything is a trade off and compromise.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Why is everyone not slapping Reflex on their ride if “wider is better”??? 😝😝😝
what a joke of a company, bunch of suckers out there that give up proper cv and axle angles for width. Reflex is bad as ASSault for creating horrible products. At least they are not as bad as Razorback, Baja Designs and now Dynojet for out right stealing a product and labeling it theirs.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
The good news is Can Am offers a 64" and 72" wide model. So those that are scared of hitting trees can go with the narrow model. The rest of us men will stick with the 72" model. LMAO!!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone have a map of US that
The good news is Can Am offers a 64" and 72" wide model. So those that are scared of hitting trees can go with the narrow model. The rest of us men will stick with the 72" model. LMAO!!!!!
LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

hubs love clipping trees at speed 👉 🐻 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wider cars equal more suspension travel.

So with that said it's really about suspension travel not the width of the car.

For me even just the desert not even Glamis, more suspension travel is more better!

This reminds me of the super heavy weight weight lifter in the 70's when asked why did people really only pay attention to the super heavy weight competition, his response was

" who wants to watch little men lift little weights "

Go big or go home!

Tim

got it wider = more suspension travel
due to CV axle limits

I'd rather have 5" of wet d!ck than 9" with 4" of window paint....
quality suspension vs more is better 👉🐻

But on the flip side used to tell a H-D suspension engineer - You can only do so much with 2" of travel

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
465 Posts
Like mega said. I’m poor. Got a 64” cause it’s all I could afford. Added a 60v leaf blower for a temp turbo until I win the lotto.
At the end of the day 64” or 72” Still the same piece of shit.
Try a 72” with back country’s on Michigan trails in the winter. Or putting that shit on a 84” trailer with sides.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
On here you see tons of guys turning their 64” buggy to a 72” buggy.... hmmm ya don’t ever see some dude asking how to turn a 72” to a 64”. My whole group runs 72” through tenn, Kentucky and wv with no issues on what most would call a “tight trail.” We have no restrictions around here so why wouldn’t you go wider? I wanted more travel so I bought the bigger buggy . Sure you can revalve and spring a 64” buggy and it will be nice , do the same to a 72” and it’s even nicer . I have no idea what the op meant with the 4” of wet and 9” of something. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hey what about us women.. lmao

Now you are gender baiting

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Hey what about us women.. lmao

Now you are gender baiting

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics
You got me!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ROFLOL the SxS crowd is too easily baited! LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I personally don't give a rats behind how wide a car is you drive as long as your cool ;) just thought it would invoke alot of charged discussion

5" or 9" - this forum seems very PC so I'll keep the moderation interjection work to a minimum LOL

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
ya don’t ever see some dude asking how to turn a 72” to a 64”.

I have no idea what the op meant with the 4” of wet and 9” of something. Lol
I saw one guy who wanted to convert from 72 to 64. Something about moving from the west to the east.
He probably watches the MSM and believed the hype. He offered a smoking deal for everything.

The OP was talking about corn cobs in his cornholio or something.

Reactions: Tmesic
1 - 20 of 67 Posts