Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new toy can someone tell me the difference between all the models of the mavericks and why is a maverick better or worse then a AC WILD CAT OR RZR 1000

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum.....I think the best way to answer your first question would be to to go to Can Am's website and look up all of the different models and features. Your second question is much easier.....If you want the best quality, fit and finish and the best motor in the business, then get a Maverick. The others are good machines but are lacking in the categories I just mentioned.

Do some reading on the forum here and you will find several threads covering this debate. Most of which end up in arguments but you will see a common theme about the difference in quality between the different manufacturers.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
i am trying to hold back. OH GEEBUS plese guide me.
MEGA - breathe in and breathe out......step away from the computer or phone.....go polish you wheels or start working on your lights!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Agreed. The initial quality of the Can Am is far above Polaris, in my opinion. I have owned several Polaris RZRs in the past, with a mixture of good and bad luck. I have no experience with the Arctit Cat. I've always steered clear of everything they make.

I was sold on the Can Am after going to look at one and sit in it at the dealership. I'd already been lurking on this forum for weeks before I did that.. I think I knew more than the salesman did about the Maverick. Go sit in the machines at their respective dealerships.. If anybody can do that and deny that Can Am is head and shoulders above the other two concerning initial quality, they aren't being truthful.

As as for performance, it seems as though all these new 1000 sport machines are fairly close to one another. One may do this or that better, etc.. But there isn't a clear winner in every category. You will probably be happy with whichever machine you choose to buy.. For me, it was an easy choice. I chose the quality and performance of the Can Am with the proven V-twin engine over Polaris. I was ready for a change from Polaris. Their quality of fit, finish, and components doesn't seem even close to what Can Am offers. I am excluding Arctic Cat from my opinion because I would never consider buying one. Just never have been able to come around to them.

i am in no way brand loyal. At least not in this discussion. I am a die-hard Kawasaki fan, and if they made something to compete with these machines, I'd be the first one on the list with a down payment. With that being said, I do own a Teryx 4 that my wife and I bought to haul our kids around in... And I will have to say that, even though I love Kawasaki products, I feel like this new Maverick has a better overall for and finish/quality feel than the Kawasaki does.

just my .02

·
Banned
546 Posts
Search function guy has all the anwsers.. been asked a million times

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I am in the market for a new toy can someone tell me the difference between all the models of the mavericks and why is a maverick better or worse then a AC WILD CAT OR RZR 1000
with over million miles of research the

can am 1st - same motors for 10 years ,
rzr 2nd - 3 years with prostar - lots of problems with 14 xp1 - maybe 2015 xp1 be better
wildcat never lol jk 3rd

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mega's going to have an aneurysim...lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
One other thing to think about - if you are a bigger guy, the CanAm will fit you better. I'm 6-2, 250 (or so, maybe on a good day. maybe….). I actually thought I wanted a polaris to start with, but man I was uncomfortable just sitting in one on the showroom floor. My knees were banging up against all sorts of stuff and I just felt boxed in on all sides. I walked 5 feet and got in the Mav and it was like night and day. Same comments as everyone else about fit and finish too. I had no preference before I sat in them both, but boy oh boy did that change quickly.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
One other thing to think about - if you are a bigger guy, the CanAm will fit you better. I'm 6-2, 250 (or so, maybe on a good day. maybe….). I actually thought I wanted a polaris to start with, but man I was uncomfortable just sitting in one on the showroom floor. My knees were banging up against all sorts of stuff and I just felt boxed in on all sides. I walked 5 feet and got in the Mav and it was like night and day. Same comments as everyone else about fit and finish too. I had no preference before I sat in them both, but boy oh boy did that change quickly.
glad to see you didn't drink the cool-aid like a lot of others have. Buy what you think is the best fit for you and the best value.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't even consider a Wildcat. First off, They wont even disclose the horsepower. Every comparison video you see matching the XP, Maverick, and Wildcat, The Wildcat comes in last in every category and competition. One observation I have made sitting at Competition Hill, and Test Hill is, I've seen Wildcats come over the top of these hills coming out of the dunes, But, I have yet to see one turn around and Climb competition or test. Wildcats are PUSSYcats. . . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts