Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I put new rims n tires on my Mavrick, Damn it looks mean now BUT.........
It took away from that power I loved soooooooo much.
I put 29.5 Terminators on Crushlock rim image.jpg s on it. The only reason I went with the Crushlocks is because they came with the tires so I wasn't gonna say no, I thought I would try them out before switching em over to stock rims.
I'm not sure if the Crushlocks are killing the speed or if its both tire n rim weight,either way It Would Not Get Stuck Trust Me I Tried!!!!.....
So I don't wanna take the new tires n rims off but I would really like to get the little bit of power loss back.
What do you recommend I start with other than tires n rims it stock.
I'm not looking for a turbo or anything but maybe some smaller items to get a lil more out of her.
Thanks a lot for the help E1

Attachments

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Put an upgraded clutch on it to get the pull back.

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank u, DesertDog
Just got done reading a thread bout that too.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thank u, DesertDog
Just got done reading a thread bout that too.
No worries, with the bigger tires an upgraded clutch is almost required. IMO

·
Registered
292 Posts
Definitely a clutch setup. The QSC would be a good choice because of its smaller one way bearing. That will give you a little lower gear to help with the taller tires. Not only is the tire and rim weight a factor but the taller tire changes your overall gear ratio.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
qsc/stm clutch
3/4 exhaust - to remove cat's
turnkey utv intake - sounds sik and its gotta help sum !
fuel controller

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like I'm buying a clutch,
You guys are Awesome thank u everyone!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
\\\airdam, QSC on the primary either \\\airdam 2nd or stm
OH don't forget sport mode low too

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds like I'm buying a clutch,
You guys are Awesome thank u everyone!!!
Get a hold of Kris and he will get you setup,because he's easy to get a hold of.
I got a hold of him on the very first call and took care of business. Done!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
\\\airdam, QSC on the primary either \\\airdam 2nd or stm
OH don't forget sport mode low too
///Airdam doesnt make a secondary. He machines stock secondaries to allow the belt to ride higher in it but it is not needed for maverick secondaries. The belt already rides higher in maverick stock secondaries than the other bikes. If your gonna swap your secondary to go with a new primary then go with a Gen 2 STM.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
///Airdam doesnt make a secondary. He machines stock secondaries to allow the belt to ride higher in it but it is not needed for maverick secondaries. The belt already rides higher in maverick stock secondaries than the other bikes. If your gonna swap your secondary to go with a new primary then go with a Gen 2 STM.
I agree the STM's may be a better primary because of adjustability than a QSC. Only problem is they are way more expensive and most people that are not racing don't need that level of adjustment.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The Gen2 STM is a secondary . There's also the Gen1 also which was offered first. Not sure of the difference though.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Far as I know, the Gen 1 has 2 rollers where as the Gen 2 has 3 rollers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts