Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through most of the threads and did not find a good answer on where to find replacement plastic body panels. You see, my 20 yr old and wife, (not 20yr old wife), seem to want to flip the new 17k $ toy on its side or completely roll it on more than one occasion. So what is the best source for replacement OEM plastics?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Other than ordering from a dealer, you will most likely need to watch and wait for part out threads. I don't know of anyone that is making replacement plastics yet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That sucks! Grey key only for them..........or passenger seat.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how bad are they? Could you get away with wrapping them instead of replacing them?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I am in the same position as OP except I was the driver. Mine went on its side in off camber at low speed, under 15 MPH. The problem is it was on crushed rock and most of the damage was caused when we had to drag it a few feet, on its rt. side, before putting it wheel side down. I have a crack in the lower rt. fender and deep scratches and gouges in the upper fender black part and the rt. rear fender.
I have been thinking about repairing it and putting a wrap on it. I don't know anything about wraps but I would guess it won't look any better than what you put it over.
If I repair the gouges and crack what fillers will adhere to this type of plastic?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Hope one of the auto body guys chimes in. I'm curious as well. I don't have but a couple of deep gouges from going thru some high desert brush, but it would be good to know for future refference.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm looking for a rt front fender upper and lower- and rt rear fender. Both on the passenger side, and both for XRT.
Max, To say this Politely , this is ( pieyed's ) thread . please remember he is the OP looking for plastics. You would'nt like it if someone HIJACKED your thread.

Just saying pal.I'm not meaning to be rude or smart.

Hope you find the parts you need, and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Max, To say this Politely , this is ( pieyed's ) thread . please remember he is the OP looking for plastics. You would'nt like it if someone HIJACKED your thread.

he's looking for parts for a xrt tho , can am don't make that :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

agreed.
He should start his own thread looking for what he needs.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm sorry, I thought we were looking for place to get plastic. The link to C.Am OEM plastic said it wasn't available. Hijacked, to me is if I said I was looking for a good deal on beef, change of topic.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm sorry, I thought we were looking for place to get plastic. The link to C.Am OEM plastic said it wasn't available. Hijacked, to me is if I said I was looking for a good deal on beef, change of topic.
Its all good friend, maybe i missunderstood, it read ( to me ) that the OP was looking for used plastics, and a member posted as he had some, and asked what the OP needed . No BIGGIE Good luck to all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have wrapped every other piece except for those right by the front tower of the roll cage. Seems that is were it likes to touch down each time. Both sides urrrgh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like there are a few pieces available at the link that wickedcummins provided. Thanks to all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts