Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed this last week at Carolina Adventure World. In sport low I can bounce off of 8000 to 8250! Anybody else seen this? Must be finally breaking in I guess.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I havent had anything above 7800, n I have ArticBombs/ dz motorsports sport low switch

·
Registered
461 Posts
8050 is all I have seen too.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
noticed this last week at Carolina Adventure World. In sport low I can bounce off of 8000 to 8250! Anybody else seen this? Must be finally breaking in I guess.
Thats unusual. How many hrs on the machine?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check on hours, somewhere around 40, keep in mind I had the program dumped in at .2 hours because of only reaching 55mph the first week. When the tech did it he said it was the "racer" program. I thought he was full of it and still don't think there is such a thing but why now am I reaching that kind of RPM's and my reverse override dosent need to be used. I can get full throttle in reverse with no switch! ?????

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey if u don't like it n want stock I'll happily swap ya out :smile:

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm good! just need to practice wheelies now
Lol.....that's awesome!!! We're gonna need some video of that for sure.
I guess the mechanic wasn't full of crap or atleast not all the way.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have heard of a racer set up. So you could be on to something.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer and best friend. No such thing as a race mode. One mode only!
there is a race box for the can am's 100% YES

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
there is a race box for the can am's 100% YES
I think what he is saying is there is only one program avaialble for the stock ECM. I am sure the gixmo or race box exists but it is more than just a new program on the ECM.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
BUT....like the guy said in his post, his was only getting up to 55mph so the tech dumped his program and reinstalled the racer one. Which to me means the tech reprogrammed his set up with the hi performance program.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think what they are saying is to get he "Race" program, you have to use the gizmo or black box. It is not just an ECM overwrite.

Also, what good will the higher RPM's do for you unless you have a modified engine. The stock engine makes peak power around 7650 rpm's....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts