Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disappointed in all the negative reactions I am seeing towards this new machine.

People repeatedly said they wanted a lighter weight sportier looking machine, the new machine screams sport. The nose piece on the front might take some getting used to, but we haven't even seen a good picture of it yet. There is little to no box so we can assume it quite a bit lighter than the commander.
People said they wanted long travel suspension. In the picture we see what appears to be the base model (assuming they have different ones) with nice looking long travel shocks up front.
People said more power, and although we don't have an actual number yet, the ad saying "the power you would expect from no one" leads me to believe they are going to blow everyone out of the water on the power front.

I have been anxious for can am to make this machine, and excited it looks like they are going to deliver.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They will never satisfy everyones expectations. No way even possible ,no matter what they came out with. Everyone has different ideas of the perfect sport model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am expecting CA to release a machine that will meet my expectations. So I am far from being negitive.

If the hype is accurate, given we have not seen any facts yet, I will be lined up at the door of the dealership to get mine. I have been holding off on a commander, waiting for this beast. The reasons, I wanted a lighter, more narrow and nimble machine for trail running with RZR crushing power. I also want a suspension that allows me to negotiate some tough terrain without being bed ridden in pain for a few days after.

I really do not believe that CA is going to disappoint us on this one. Even when the COmmander came out, though it does not make everyone happy, it is exactly what BRP told us it will be. The number one UTILITY SXS on the market. IT was never designed to be a sport machine, even though they did try to hybrid with an X.

The Maverick is the product of CA customers begging for a true sport SXS with CA legendary performance. BRP would be crazy to make such a big deal to release anything else, given the outcry from the customer. Maybe I am just being hopeful ... but we will all know for sure very soon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You will always have haters..... I'm excited about the possibilities of a competitve sport SXS other than POPO, I've had a S and a XP and the FUN Factor was off the charts other than the shop time. Sooo we will see about the can am.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
im excited too but it looks to much like a commander, but i hope things r different when we see some real pics..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've always liked the look of the commander, just thought it was too big. I like how this one looks smaller and sportier, but still really looks like a can am.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will say that based on their teaser advert where it says "The power you would expect from no one" This machine had better have more than 101hp.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alot of guys that Big $$ in another machine wont like it when the next best thing comes out, so you can expect alot of haters. As for me I have been beating on the same old Rhino for almost 6 years. I hat RZRs and would love to see CA come out with an XP Killer!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think most of the negativity you're seeing is coming from smug RZR fan boys. They're the worst when it comes to hating on other UTV's.

I'm VERY excited about this new machine, and how could one even speculate with the limited info we actually have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts