Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Ignorant post

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kpodoll 
#1 ·
So my buddy just picked up a quad and he wants to buy my stock bighorns from me. Problem is I don't know shit about bead lock rims. Can anybody enlighten me on exactly how they work? He's wanting to put them onto a non bead lock wheel and I just don't know how/if that'll work. Any POSITIVE feedback would be great. If I wanted to get beat up ID go to the Cummins forum. Lol. Thanks! :beer:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
A Tire is a Tire as they work on either. The only difference between a standard rim and a beadlock rim is it clamps the outside tire bead between the rim and the ring so it can not spin or be knocked off the rim by a rock or similar trail hazard. It's actually easyer to mount and dismount a tire with a beadlock rim.

BTW welcome aboard.

#5 · (Edited)
Just like it was said in post #2 a Tire is a tire! The beadlock rim is completely separate and the tire will mount up no problem. In fact, it is easier to mount because you can do it yourself without tire mounting equipment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.