Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had state farm and they quoted me dune buggy rates , I had my agent resubmit that it was under 1000 cc and the same as the commander basically, not a dune buggy, got the same deal, I asked then to advance to senior management for investigation. 3 weeks later my agent called it was adjusted back down over $ 400 a year. they learned in checking it out that I was correct, have your agent check again, read this email to them, they will correct it now as they have maverick down right

·
Registered
33 Posts
Better yet go to another company! State Farm are a bunch of crooks! With out getting into a long story; they screwed me out of a lot of deserved & promised money. I have full coverage on my Mav through Allstate, and its less than two hundred bucks.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
That is strange. I am with State Farm and my insurance on my xp1000 is $160 a year.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here is my State Farm story.

Two summers ago my brother borrowed my boat to go up to big bear lake. On his way home some kid in the fast lane fell asleep at the wheel and when he woke up he jerked the wheel causing him to get sideways at 80mph, shoot across 4 lanes and hit my boat. Incredibly no one was hurt.

State Farm not only had my boat paid off within 12 days they paid it off at my purchase price. I paid extra for this. They reimbursed me for towing which was 1900.00 because they needed 3 flat bed trucks to haul it off the freeway and they went after the kids insurance to get us time lost from work to deal with the accident. When it was all said and done my wife and I ended up with 14.5k in our pockets. If we were to sell this boat before the accident we could have got 25 to 30k for it which was about what we owed for it at the time. State Farm was awesome to us. It was amazing how responsive they were and how fast it was all done and out of our hands.

I miss this boat and my F350 which had nothing to to with this accident, I just miss it:)

230428_4738805152339_1636664652_n.jpg
289115_2340472115512_2372476_o.jpg
335724_4737282914284_379867826_o.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
State Farm charges me $300 for full coverage for my new Xxc compared to $165 for my 50 inch RZR. I don't understand the difference except my RZR cost 10k new to the Maverick's 18k and there is a difference of 45 more hp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
if they promised you money and you have something to prove that, a letter or something, take it to court
They were acting all nice, and were even asking me to run around and get them information they needed to close the investigation. They said as soon as the accident anniversary passed, they would pay me for my lost wages, pain & suffering, etc.. But when the day passed, I called and they said, or wer're sorry it's too late! Totally opposite of what they said. Anyways, if there's a next time, I'm just getting a crooked ass lawyer to play their game. Hope there isn't a next time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had state farm and they quoted me dune buggy rates , I had my agent resubmit that it was under 1000 cc and the same as the commander basically, not a dune buggy, got the same deal, I asked then to advance to senior management for investigation. 3 weeks later my agent called it was adjusted back down over $ 400 a year. they learned in checking it out that I was correct, have your agent check again, read this email to them, they will correct it now as they have maverick down right
Thanks for this information. I'm going to call my agent tomorrow.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I hope this works for me, I am going to call tomorrow. I pay over 600 a year.

Edit: I just called today and I pay $794 a year! Something must be wrong on my policy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We (being a law firm) just got off the phone with State Farm, SF corporate implemented a policy of insuring any SXS at a "Dune buggy" rate, they state "any policy written otherwise will not be honored", yes there is a provision for this in their small legal print. This policy was enacted in February 2013. Sorry to deliver the bad news but if you have State Farm you need to make sure your agent has it listed correctly as any claims under a "Wrongfully listed" policy falls to the insuring/issuing agent.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have it and its not dune buggy rates, it was, but was reversed in august. yes its insured, yes my agent done it and I was on the phone with corporate also to verify it. my policy also shows it correctly. so even if its screwed up, its there deal, they issued and reissue it

·
Registered
105 Posts
How is it rated now? Will be at top of declarations page. We have over 20 owners here of can am's with state farm insurance and persuing this as over rating policies claim against SF. We are awaiting there actual documentation of when SF says they changed this policy rating. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
call the arizona state insurance commission and file a complaint against them. it will take some time but its worth it. and with them being your insurance supplier and they dont honor your coverage you will have them on breach of contract.......big money if that goes to court. most of these insurance co will talk all nice to your face but will try a screw you any way they can. they will flat out lie to you and try to intimidate you and force you to just give up. its on you to know your rights. i wont go into my whole story but a year and a half later i have a totally different outlook on insurance companies. ultimately i had to turn my whole thing into my insurance co to make me whole again. don't give up you have more then one year to file or settle a claim, i think its up to two years to even have to report a claim. if its only been a year and there saying it not covered i call BS!!!!!
or get a good lawyer or at least talk to one, if there is any money in it he will take the case on retainer.
good luck

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wish AAA did utv insurance. I don't trust State Farm. In reality I know they are all the same though. Just a matter of time before AAA screws me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Called my agent and he checked and he said it's still classified as a dune buggy. I'll just stick with what I have. I'm sure they like my business.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts