Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK finally they found out it was over $17,600.00 to repair it. It is toast, frame, everything. So yea they are going to total it out. They want $2,869.80 to buy it back would you?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If it's toast why would you want it back?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we was thinking about parting it out. But not sure if it would be worth the mess. Also use for parts if we needed too. But not sure what maverick we would buy, we was thinking about the max. BUt did not know if the parts would be good for that one or not. :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I don't know the full extent of your damages to it, based on what you say the repair bill is, its pretty bad. what happened???

if its sever, I don't know that I would give 2800 to buy it back, unless you have many uses for parts undamaged. resale, time you add labor and shipping you would not make out unless the engine is solid and you find a buyer for the whole engine as 1 piece. then you may barely make out

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't know how much damage it sustained but would think you could get $3K in parts out of it pretty easy.....Engine alone is worth $2500. Shocks are another $1000. I know there are quite a few guys on here with base models looking for XRS parts like wheels, shocks, instrument panel, seats, steering wheel...

How about I start this out for you. I will buy your drive belt for $25 :smile:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It only had 13.4 hours and 162 miles on it. :(

If you have pictures....post them up here and see what interest you get in the parts before you decide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
motor, rear diff, ecm, harness, guage, all electrical,

theres a lot of good stripping if you've got the spare time and don't mind doing the work yourself.

if it was mine i'd be buying it back but I enjoy that kinda stuff

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya post pic $2900 to buy it back might be a no brainer cuz the last motor on ebay just motor sold for 3500 trans 1000 diff 500

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone on here lives in different area then I do.. And what really sucks they are trying to screw me on the price. As they are clearing them out because of the 2014. I think it is going to be a fight and I am ready for one.. LOL.. DSC06437.jpg DSC06447.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
dont be in a hurry for the check from your insurance. Grind them untill you get what you want. I did this on my wifes old car after an accident and got what i wanted for it.

selling the parts is a PITA, you can make money on it but it will take a while.

I would buy it and sell it whole to a member here for a quick $500 to $1000 profit. Quick, easy and free money.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
whats wrong with it ? looks fine to me , new cage and new frame 2k of metal , and swap stuff over, :) lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts