Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is coming here and am wondering of people are putting any kind of reflective insulation on the inside of the council? I bought header wrap but haven't go to wrap it yet but I did notice the heat riding this winter and will be way to hot in the summer. Also would be nice to deaden some sound. Any ideas?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Ya, header wrap the exhaust and Thermotec sound and heat insulation mat on the console and all panels helps a lot.

·
Registered
965 Posts
So its hot on the passenger side or you meant the Commander was hot? I wrapped my whole exhaust and lnsulated all the panels like I did on my Commander, it makes a difference. I suspect the Maverick will flow more air through the center and it will be better.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My Commander seemed hotter on the passenger side and didn't ever notice the heat until you were doing slow trail riding. I don't know on the Mav yet, its probably going to be the same - we'll see when it starts warming up around here.

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
So its hot on the passenger side or you meant the Commander was hot? I wrapped my whole exhaust and lnsulated all the panels like I did on my Commander, it makes a difference. I suspect the Maverick will flow more air through the center and it will be better.
sorry, he was driving his Commander

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used a DEI Starter wrap from autozone.. works really well.. Its just a flat piece with velcro that would wrap around your starter on a car... it makes a big difference in how fast your beer warms up!

·
Registered
56 Posts
To stop some heat on the passenger side put 1in foam pipe insulation over the coolant hose , helped on my commander .
Steveo ---

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
To stop some heat on the passenger side put 1in foam pipe insulation over the coolant hose , helped on my commander .
Steveo ---
Is it worse on the passenger side or something because I've never rode over there. When I took my wife for a spin last weekend she said it seemed warmer than the Teryx but I thought that was crazy, nothing is hotter than the Teryx with roof and doors. I never thought it was to bad on driver's side. I'll probably try that pipe insulation just to try and keep momma from sounding off........again.

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used a DEI Starter wrap from autozone.. works really well.. Its just a flat piece with velcro that would wrap around your starter on a car... it makes a big difference in how fast your beer warms up!
Ok.... The DEI Starter wrap... Where did you put it???? Under the cup holder in the console ??? or wrap your beer with it???

I am looking for a good idea on insulating the under side of the cup holder...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I coverd the entire under side of my concil and side engine covers with Dyna mat extreme . its been on there for about two months and holding up very well. also knocked the noise level down by about 20%. good investment.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I plan to just wrap my exhaust at some point. I will say this weekend I noticed that my maverick is alot cooler in the cab than my commander.

·
Registered
179 Posts
@ AB8.... It would be too combersome to wrap my beer! I usually dont ride with anything in there.. I just stop, chill and then ride so my beer doesn't spend much time in there.. I put it under the cup holder.. I also wrapped a short section of the exhaust that is under the as well...

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's why I did it to keep momma happy , not a total cure but helps a lot . I also did the thermo tec on her side & wrapped exhaust pipes at front & rear cylinders . Only gets hot now when going real slow crawling over rocks .hope it helps .
Steveo-- ps used zip ties on pipe insulation .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check this out... I've done it all.... ( Fingers crossed !! )

Header wrap:
IMG_3293.jpg

Pipe insulation on the heater Hose...
IMG_3461.jpg

Dynamat Extreme for heat & Sound
IMG_3451.jpg

1/4" Polycarbonate to keep heat out of the back...
Works to keep out Tire slop/mist & exhaust....
IMG_3501.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is everyone pulling off the foam on then inside of the council and panels before putting the thermotec or dynamite in?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Did you guys doing the exhaust wrap remove the headers to wrap it or just do it on the car?
Also, how much wrap did you use? I've got a 50' roll of 2" wide wrap and am wondering if it's enough to get the job done.

·
Registered
403 Posts
50' is plenty. I wrapped mine on both sides - exhaust still installed. I did remove the belt cover to get a little more room when doing the wrap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
this is why joined today --dyno mat is the onyly way to go ..cut down on noise and heat that is the first thing i noticed when i first bought mine.. waiting for can am to address this.. SEATING SHOTGUN PUT YOUR LEFT HAND ON THE PLASTIC BEHIND THE SEAT .. 240 DEGREES I GOT WITH MY THERMO LAZER MY PLASTIC IS MELTING

1 - 20 of 139 Posts