Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,387 Posts
That is correct.
Thats a question I have been meaning to get around to answering for myself.

I do know ST charges several hundred $ more to valve XRS shocks. Must be the cost of the custom machined internal bypass tubes, I guess...

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
72" XRS and XRC have 2.5 non IBP RC2 front and 3.0 IBP RC2 rear.
The RR RS and RR RC and Smart Shock have internal bypass shocks front and rear. The 172 hp XRS does not have them along with the DS models

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
10,169 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
This is the only way I know how to get IBP on a 64" car, but way to much $$. These shocks on the DS RR from the factory would have been really cool. Let ST work em and I bet you got a really nice riding 64" car in the chop. Could even add IQS if you want to go crazy

Yeah that's pretty big $. My stock shocks will be done at ST in October. Maybe not what I'm fully hoping for from what you say. But still interested in seeing how it goes.

Maybe next time after my current shocks are toast again a year or 2 down the road.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Yeah that's pretty big $. My stock shocks will be done at ST in October. Maybe not what I'm fully hoping for from what you say. But still interested in seeing how it goes.

Maybe next time after my current shocks are toast again a year or 2 down the road.
Dont get me wrong the ST tune was worth the money. Stock my 2017 car was stupid stiff. But its no tuned RS in the choppy stuff. Tell ST you want em as soft as possible.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Dont get me wrong the ST tune was worth the money. Stock my 2017 car was stupid stiff. But its no tuned RS in the choppy stuff. Tell ST you want em as soft as possible.
Thanks for the advice. As long as the improvement is significant and worth the $.

My stock Maverick Sport is far more plush by far over the X3 currently on choppy stuff and stretches of pot holes etc right now. If they can at least make it as soft as a stock Maverick Sport lol, I'm happy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve seen wheel spacers floating around out there on the interwebs. Maybe those mixed with some meaty tyres would offset it?

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
I’ve seen wheel spacers floating around out there on the interwebs. Maybe those mixed with some meaty tyres would offset it?
Please read post 3 and 4.

Front spacers are the worst possible way to go.

Tim

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Who wanted pictures of the rod angle?
Here it is.
Dont mind the mess in the garage haha. Double car garage, but in lenght, sucks. I can fit the 2 X3 in there but all the other junk gets piled up in corners lol.
20210722_092922.jpg 20210722_092948.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo-RR w/ Smart-Shox
3 Posts
Ever since i raised the ride height to 16 inches, my XDS drives like a garbage can with nice wheels.
I have 32 inches tires with 5/2 wheels. the car is around 65 inches.

Would 4/3 wheels be a good idea? 3.5/3.5?

Anyone knows atermarket parts to make the car around 68 inches?

before some of you suggest I buy a xrs 72 inches, I cant. they stop us and measure our car here. the law is 64 for trails, they tolerate 66... but 72 is a no no.

I feel the car is really wobbling around, the handling is not nice point and shoot like it used to be.
I tried stiffening the suspension, which only brought another problem....it rides so f*%^ing harsh now...

So it rides harsh in bumps and rocks, but turns like a bitch and wobbles from left to right when i hit the steering wheel too hard...
I can't offer you a solution to the issue you're having although there is one company that can tell you exactly what the problem is.
Contact shock therapy. They are second to none in suspension engineering of side by side.
If they can't offer a solution to your issue then it's not a correctable problem.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts