Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Can-am dealer and sat in a Commander....With the exact same mid frame as the commander the size, shape, seating position and ergonomics should be nearly identical to the Commander...Am I wrong?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So basically a Maverick is a Commander with 6" grafted on the front, 3" grafted on the back, long travel suspension, a motor tweaked for an extra 16hp, and sport plastic.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not exactly "New from the ground up", but using the commander mid section will keep the bean counters happy and the end result looks promising.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ya, I keep wishing for a SxS with more leg room,,, but Polaris keeps using the same basic body and plastics on all models to keep the mfg cost down.
I imagine Can-Am would do the same thing with the Commander and Maverick.
But I am still wanting to sit in a Maverick to see what it is like.

·
Registered
400 Posts
just talked to my dealer in lexington, ky and they don't expect to have on delivered until late dec or early jan, they are taking deposits

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya, I keep wishing for a SxS with more leg room,,, but Polaris keeps using the same basic body and plastics on all models to keep the mfg cost down.
I imagine Can-Am would do the same thing with the Commander and Maverick.
But I am still wanting to sit in a Maverick to see what it is like.
This may be why the Msrp was lower than I expected. They have to make money and platform sharing is the only way to do it

·
Registered
62 Posts
This may be why the Msrp was lower than I expected. They have to make money and platform sharing is the only way to do it
I think keeping the MSRP in line with the RZR's is part of the reason there is no QE or DPS as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
They should offer the option of PS and QE in the models. Just hike the prices on the ones with it. Poo did that I believe with the RZR's PS models cost more, if you didn't want it buy one without.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts