Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The past few rides I have been on lately I've noticed that it's hard to change the gears and sometimes it doesn't matter if I'm on level ground or not. It doesn't matter which gear your in and try to shift to either. Then today it seems like it's gotta be about 2500 rpm before it tries to move even in low range. Could it be that I did something wrong when I installed the clutch kit? I followed the instructions word for word and when I first installed it I felt like it drove like it was suppose to. guess im wandering what rpms im suppose to be at when it starts to move and if about 2500 is right then maybe i just have a shifter problem or need to adjust on it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mine is the stm, but did the same thing. Not sure what a clutch kit involves, but mine was a shim in the secondary that caused the belt to drag a little.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
who did you buy the kit from? If it was Hunterworks, give him a shout. He will help you out for sure or put you in touch with Dalton and they will help as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it is a Dalton kit with the upgraded secondary spring, and I got it from hunterworks. I planned on calling them Monday, I was just curious if anyone else had this problem too

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to Todd at Hunterworks today think we got it figured out gonna tear it apart this week sometime if I get a chance from work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts