Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it sounds like he is in the final assembly of his complete kit from intake to exhaust. He says about 2 weeks out from release.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
What about a affordable clutch ? Lol

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Well hopefully in 2 weeks we'll see. We're working on some suspension parts for the front and I want to make sure it works with aftermarket intakes.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about a affordable clutch ? Lol

nope, he says find 6 people to buy STM clutches and you can get dealer pricing. and only buy the Rage 8 with secondary too. He also said he charges $200 to re-weight the stock clutch for his performance parts but you will not get the full potential. He said he hopes Team will make a middle of the road clutch.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
well that might be worth it ,stm ? whats that cost dealer wise u think

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
711 Posts
he said 20% off retail

you dont get 20% off retail unless you go to the bank and get a money order made out and do COD on the parts. if you pay with a credit/debit card like almost every business, you lose another 4% bringing you down to about 16%. after you pay the shipping to you, you lose another 2-5% depending on your location in the world. so.... its not like you're gonna be getting them for a steal. when i buy them, and pay for the order with a credit/debit card, and after i eat the shipping, i typically only have about 13% to make off retail. selling STM wont make you rich. so dont think any STM dealer is out there trying to capitalize and roll in the bank. if they're selling for retail, they're doing it more as a favor to you, cause they aint making themselves rich off them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wasnt trying to say anyone is trying to rip anyone off. Infact if u really pull 5 cars on stock mav thats very impressive but still expensive upgrde for sure!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Look at that video very close and you will see that the STM Maverick on the left got a jump on the stock one, not to say it would not be faster but it is not 5 cars in 200 feet as they say. That would be 50 feet in a 200 foot drag race, really? My thoughts.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Maybe a quarter of a second jump. Its probably about a 3 car lead with them leaving the line at the same time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Where's the video that you guys speak of?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Look on the STM web site or page 28 on the Muzzys postings. Could a dyno be used to measure the time to a certain MPH for this clutch stuff? human error in a drag race is not the best way to tell how much better they really are. At this point the clutch may be a better buy then the exhaust, at the same price. "Lets don't let our hunger to go faster starve us of our common sense"

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Ill pretty much say that clutching a machine(primary and secondary) is going to offer more performance than a exhaust without a doubt. It doesn't matter how much power your machine makes if it can't get it to the ground.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts