Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I talked to kms performance about my rpms being off from what others can do and he said the problem lies in the brp secondary spring being junk. He told me out of 10 mavericks 6 of them had bum springs that needed replaced to help get me up to the 8000rpm that others pull. So I need to get in contact with Adam I guess is his name to see what I need to purchase.. What's a good # to contact him at?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on what kmc told you. I had originally told Adam that I didn't want the secondary spring, but know I'm going to order it. But, no luck on getting him on the phone yet.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was probably on the phone with him glamisfan lol .. I talked to Adam for 20 minutes on the phone and he was helpful and got me setup.. He said Tom (usaguy) was having the same issue as me and it turned out his secondary spring was a faulty one. He put it in simple terms for me and pretty much said my clutch was shifting way to early and dragging my motor out of the rpm range it should be at. I'm pretty confident this will get me fixed and be where I need to be as far as rpm's go

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Did you just order just the spring, or are you getting his primary, or am I forgetting and you already have his primary?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spring.. I'm a chance taker lol I'm still rolling with the factory primary. The problem I have is my factory secondary spring is bad and needs replaced to let my secondary to start up shifting at the right rpm. I'm going to order his clutch bolt though.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
It works very well and definitely keeps your rpm range in peak performance of the motor.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to feel a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has a passenger of 250 lbs with him, and everyone I have talked to says peak power is at 8k. I can really feel it drag me down when mine starts shifting out as to where if it stayed where it needed to it would be faster. I'll do some research and see how it works out

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Mine does.....:big smile:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kms performance said over half the mavericks they have seen have junk secondary springs like mine and usaguy. usaguy had the exact same problem I have. Glad I got it figured out with some help from kms and airdam

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on what kmc told you. I had originally told Adam that I didn't want the secondary spring, but know I'm going to order it. But, no luck on getting him on the phone yet.
I was probably on the phone with him glamisfan lol .. I talked to Adam for 20 minutes on the phone and he was helpful and got me setup.. He said Tom (usaguy) was having the same issue as me and it turned out his secondary spring was a faulty one. He put it in simple terms for me and pretty much said my clutch was shifting way to early and dragging my motor out of the rpm range it should be at. I'm pretty confident this will get me fixed and be where I need to be as far as rpm's go
Did you guys order the torsional secondary Adam sells? Or just a better replacement for stock.... I know Glamifan you got CVtech coming and Im interested in how it performs for you.... Im doing some testing tommarow and Im trying to figure out everything that people are doing... Im having a hard time tuning my Clutch on Dirt.... Pavement will cause much different reaction as I have learned..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the torsional secondary spring, I still have the stock primary. I'm just looking to bring my rpms up closer to where the power is when it starts shifting out. I've talked to usaguy and he said the spring fixed his..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry I had no clue they was something wrong with mine till I seen that other video posted. Adam told me this things need to be in the 7900-8000 rpm range, that's where they make their power

1 - 20 of 29 Posts