Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shocks are amazing I think. I only purchased it because I thought it looked way nicer then the xrs.

Attached a video of a little jump, seriously felt like it never left the ground.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice. And you had a passenger...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I to like the base of the yellow but as mega said to many things to pass up

·
Registered
64 Posts
i bought the base since only real difference for me was the shocks i could careless about the beadlocks as we put 14" wheels on, and ill be getting my seats recovered when i do my paint work, and then the guages arent that big of a deal for me as we just ride mudhole to mudhole

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree, the base x works for me. The shocks would have been nice but all the other stuff I can live without. I don't like the wheels on both models for a start, the speedo and tech? I like the base model better very clean looking. Can Am would do there self good buy following Polaris's marking with limited editions models and colors, people really like that kind of stuff and it sells, maybe in time. I could see the Maverick in colors beside yellow and black, maybe some different wheels?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i got the base Mav to the only thing that i would have wanted of the xrs was the speedo and tach . i wonder how much that costs to retrofit onto the base model?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put the speedo in my base mav. I bought it off of cbucgo when he parted his xrs out. All you need is the gauge the bracket and the black cover piece. I talk to by buddy that works at the dealer and he was unsure if it would need to be programmed or anything ro everything to work but I plugged it up and it worked as it should. I'm like you that's really the only thing I wanted that wasnt on the base.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine started right up not an issue one. Only thing I lost was it was programmed with my name when u turn the key on and the new one just says Can Am. I checked with the dealer and I can't remember exactly but it was close to 600.00 to buy everything to swap it over.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Some people like myself like the automotive style gauges. Not fond of the base maverick gauges either.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts