487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maverick photos 148.jpg maverick photos 147.jpg

here she is bone stock!! much like you all know it to be.:smile:

maverick photos 137.jpg maverick photos 139.jpg maverick photos 140.jpg

quick teardown and trip to the paintbooth! :wink:

maverick photos 146.jpg maverick photos 144.jpg maverick photos 145.jpg

and viola! instant sexy lol!:big smile::big smile::big smile:

It now has turnkey roof and pre runner front bumper and warn winch with limited stereo ill post some more pics next time shes clean lol.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Man solid black looks so good. I want to paint mine to but I can't do black now that there is already 3 or 4 bad ass black ones

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well since the seats have yellow in them only thing im changing is the beadlock on the wheels i believe im gona black them out as well, then leave what little yellow is left to coordinate with the seats and hopefully tie it together tastefully!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. I like the black
hello randolph im the guy from southeast missouri , that called about your cage then you called back and we spoke awhile! your cage is sweeeeeeeeeeet! still waiting on ya to chop my stocker for me lol.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im putting a carbon fiber wrap on it very soon actually i just wanted it black because the wraps that are offered are divided into pieces so if i were to put the wrap on youd have seen yellow in the gaps now it all should look good. at least i hope lol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
That does look sweet.I just found out we have a guy that will dip mine with carbon fiber.It is called hydro something or another.Then it gets clear coated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
water transfer printing is another name ive heard it called but i was kinda thinking a vinyl carbon wrap to preserve the sexy of the vehicle then if a newer fancier model comes out of the maverick that i just cant live without i can peel it off and have really nice looking plastic still for a trade in? only way ill trade up tho is if they ever make a front locker! or maybe a large bump in power other than that ill have powersteering and qe on mine so that wont make me want to trade

·
Registered
164 Posts
hello randolph im the guy from southeast missouri , that called about your cage then you called back and we spoke awhile! your cage is sweeeeeeeeeeet! still waiting on ya to chop my stocker for me lol.
Thanks man. I haven't forgot about it just been busy trying to finish mine up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Please share how you prepped the plastic for paint.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I might try to do something like this, but with plasti dip instead. That way I can remove it if I dont like it. Was thinking about making all of the yellow plastics, and the yellow parts in the suspension, a royal blue. My daughter is pushing really hard for pink, but she doesn't comprehend how cruel that would be to the Maverick.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please share how you prepped the plastic for paint.

well it was brand spanking new of course, so there was no body work whatso ever to do. but once u get it hung u take a propane torch and heat the plastic and if you are in a well enough lit area, you can actually see the mold releasing agent burning off the plastic . once you have this done, you mix an adhesion promoter in the paint to help stick to the plastic. but not the adhesion promoter of yester years! i do not know exact specs or numbers but this stuff is for mold released plastics as in quads and bumpers of all sorts ........................

1 - 20 of 24 Posts