Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked out to my garage and seen this

then it hit me. A great idea for a product that we all could use for our Mavericks. Tomorrow i will get CAD drawings made and then talk to a local shop this week about making me some XXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXX. And then revealing them to you all for your thoughts and purchase.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mega
What GPS are you running? Is at the Lawrence BAJA 5?

Oh... And nice tease.

If you need a great fab shop I know of one off of 35th Ave & Indian School. I'll barter my source for a deal on your great idea!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
billet grill ? lol

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not sure what your idea but I am thinking we need something to fill the "scoop" not to block it off but some kind of filter that looks nice.

Water runs up over the hood and straight into the hole. Unfortunately then it splashes on the center stack.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mega
What GPS are you running? Is at the Lawrence BAJA 5?

Oh... And nice tease.

If you need a great fab shop I know of one off of 35th Ave & Indian School. I'll barter my source for a deal on your great idea!
i bought a used Lowrance Baja off CL, but the antenna just died last dune trip and i bought a Garmin antenna for it. Supposed to be faster and better than the Lowrance antenna. I love this GPS its very easy to use and NO touch screen. I have a Lowrance Iway 500c touch screen on the T4 and it works when it wants to, the touch screen is hard to see during the day.

I have a few fab shops i deal with for my parts, but i have one that will be perfect for this kind of product.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what your idea but I am thinking we need something to fill the "scoop" not to block it off but some kind of filter that looks nice.

Water runs up over the hood and straight into the hole. Unfortunately then it splashes on the center stack.
nope nothing for that issue, but i did notice the same thing while riding in the desert last weekend. Water just pours on the back for the center console where all my switches and wiring is. Horrible design.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i bought a used Lowrance Baja off CL, but the antenna just died last dune trip and i bought a Garmin antenna for it. Supposed to be faster and better than the Lowrance antenna. I love this GPS its very easy to use and NO touch screen.
Please tell me the antenna p/n you used & how much. The Lawrence is like $250ish? Love my Baja and have run it w/o one and it works 90% of the time in the dunes but only 50% in northern AZ. Will probably have to sell it with the RZR as its fabbed into the dash then buy a new one for the MAX. I agree tho, I like it better than all the others I've seen. Only taken me 5 years to figure out all the bells & whistles & to get it set the way I like it!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please tell me the antenna p/n you used & how much. The Lawrence is like $250ish? Love my Baja and have run it w/o one and it works 90% of the time in the dunes but only 50% in northern AZ. Will probably have to sell it with the RZR as its fabbed into the dash then buy a new one for the MAX. I agree tho, I like it better than all the others I've seen. Only taken me 5 years to figure out all the bells & whistles & to get it set the way I like it!
$89 shipped, it came yesterday and is a little taller than the Lowrance. I searched google and found the desert guys upgrading to this antenna. It comes with an extension cable too.

Garmin 17x NMEA 2000 GPS Receiver Antenna NMEA2000 010 00694 10 for GPSMAP | eBay

·
Registered
492 Posts
$89 shipped, it came yesterday and is a little taller than the Lowrance. I searched google and found the desert guys upgrading to this antenna. It comes with an extension cable too.

Garmin 17x NMEA 2000 GPS Receiver Antenna NMEA2000 010 00694 10 for GPSMAP | eBay
So this antenna works with the NMEA2000 equipped Lowrance units? I have the HDS5m Gen2 and got the TurnKey dash plate....I have yet to install it and wondered how the signal would be. It has a hard time getting a signal in my single story house.

Maybe I should plan on an external antenna for the more wooded areas?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this antenna works with the NMEA2000 equipped Lowrance units? I have the HDS5m Gen2 and got the TurnKey dash plate....I have yet to install it and wondered how the signal would be. It has a hard time getting a signal in my single story house.

Maybe I should plan on an external antenna for the more wooded areas?
yup, i hooked it up last night and it works. Internal antennas are never any good, always add the external antenna for better reception.

·
Registered
492 Posts
yup, i hooked it up last night and it works. Internal antennas are never any good, always add the external antenna for better reception.
Cool! Got one coming and thanks for saving us a bunch of $$$$!

Did you have to by the NMEA2000 starter kit to install it? I already have one since I'm doing the Sonic Hub, but was wondering if it would work without?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool! Got one coming and thanks for saving us a bunch of $$$$!

Did you have to by the NMEA2000 starter kit to install it? I already have one since I'm doing the Sonic Hub, but was wondering if it would work without?
i only used the antenna out of the box. the tee and cable i did not use. I plugged it into the Lowrance 4 way tee thingy.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
hockey puck mega

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts