Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my clutches over my 7 day bad period(thanks alot newbs) installed them with ease and hit Glamis tuesday night. Met Adam in Glamis on friday and he fine tuned my primary and showed me how the clutch worksand what to replace when it wears out in 2500 miles. We drove it to Olds hill and ran the hill twice in the steep spots then jumped out and checked the belt temp. It was only 160*!!!!!! my stock clutch setup would have cooked a belt after those two runs with paddles on.

I ran had the rest of the weekend trying to break a belt but i had no issues at all. My maverick feels almost complete now, just need to get rid of the bottoming out issue in the shocks. With the //Airdam tune i can just tap the gas when i am ontop of the big woops and it pulls hard and keeps me on top. In the corners it pulls hard, at hills its stays at 7850 rpm, and top speed i dont care (never went over 66mph, just not enough flat room) i am very happy with my rage 6 and tuner secondary from //Airdam.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can tell the difference with the aftermarket clutches ....right?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can tell the difference with the aftermarket clutches ....right?
yes if you watch the rmp gauge on the dash and see it holding strong at 7850rpm constantly durning a long hill climb. Its hard to "feel" anything due to the clutch design CVT constant variable transmission. its supposed to be smooth by design.

I do like the 2 way bearing and being able to tap the brakes in a turn and then hammer it to pull through. I drive 100% on throttle or off not much in between.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Adam is the man when it comes to tuning these clutches

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
right on !

u should put back on stock tires - like u had when we raced

and we go back to the same spot we raced last time 4 times and do it again , u will be able to see how much faster it is from that !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Also glad your bad boy restriction wasn't too long. You bring valuable info the site.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Nice I hear alot of good things about his setups.. Been hearing a lot of bad from the other guy on here!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
got my clutches over my 7 day bad period(thanks alot newbs) installed them with ease and hit Glamis tuesday night. Met Adam in Glamis on friday and he fine tuned my primary and showed me how the clutch worksand what to replace when it wears out in 2500 miles. We drove it to Olds hill and ran the hill twice in the steep spots then jumped out and checked the belt temp. It was only 160*!!!!!! my stock clutch setup would have cooked a belt after those two runs with paddles on.

I ran had the rest of the weekend trying to break a belt but i had no issues at all. My maverick feels almost complete now, just need to get rid of the bottoming out issue in the shocks. With the //Airdam tune i can just tap the gas when i am ontop of the big woops and it pulls hard and keeps me on top. In the corners it pulls hard, at hills its stays at 7850 rpm, and top speed i dont care (never went over 66mph, just not enough flat room) i am very happy with my rage 6 and tuner secondary from //Airdam.

Welcome back from "time out"......hopefully you didn't wipe too many boogers on the wall :wink:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Mega being Mega, had to go sit in the corner for a time out...lol
Adam did some tuning on my CVTech as well. I lost more top end, but gained a bunch on the bottom. Mega and me raced at the drags, and I pull him for for the 1st couple hundred feet, by 300 feet he blows by me like I'm sitting still. But my Mav dunes great, and pulls harder on the hills than ever befor. Still would like to see more top end though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mega being Mega, had to go sit in the corner for a time out...lol
Adam did some tuning on my CVTech as well. I lost more top end, but gained a bunch on the bottom. Mega and me raced at the drags, and I pull him for for the 1st couple hundred feet, by 300 feet he blows by me like I'm sitting still. But my Mav dunes great, and pulls harder on the hills than ever befor. Still would like to see more top end though.
Did you check him for nitro? :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, an effen newb with one post whinned.
Just dont force feed the newb's a big plate of sarcasm anymore and you'll get to stay out and play with the rest of us.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts

Looks sharp man!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just dont force feed the newb's a big plate of sarcasm anymore and you'll get to stay out and play with the rest of us.
Those kinds of guys need the ass kickin for not searching first and i will continue to be that guy. This is not the only forum around.

·
Banned
546 Posts
you got a vacation too eh ?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts