Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have 280 miles on my Mav and I got 2 noises. The first one is a rattle type sound when I let of the gas it started around 80 miles or so, it kind of sounds like something loose in the muffler. The second Is a whistle sound I'm assuming its the belt, it started at 125 miles and has gotten louder the more I ride it. Has anyone else had either of these sounds? It's going into the shop to get the 10 hr service done and I'm gonna have them look at it.
I just don't like the fact that I've had it for less than a week and its starting to sound like a 1990 yamaha warrior that has sat under a tree since it was new.
Other than the noises this is an awesome machine and I would not hesitate to buy another one!!!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Its an of road toy that needs to be inspected and bolts need to be tightened all the time. Some responsibility is on you to take care of.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The whistle or "whine" is probably just ur belt . My XMR whistles and whines. If u ever go deep enough to put ur exhaust under water and completely quiet it u will see what im talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts