Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang! So did you keep seeing leeks over time and change them out? Sound like I should change all of them, huh?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey Glamisfan,

Just to let you know, that black bolt that is directly beside the hose is the head bleeder bolt. You will see the exact same thing on the other head. That is where you bleed the air from the coolant system/heads. The antifreeze you are seeing maybe from when they bled the coolant system, or that bolt maybe a little loose and leaking, or it maybe exactly like you said from the loose hose clamp. When tightening the head bleeder bolt be very careful not to over tighten. The part is plastic and has a tiny little felt washer. Just snug them up with an 8mm and you should be good.

You may already know all this, but figured I would share just incase.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good to know info, Thxs

·
Registered
671 Posts
Dang! So did you keep seeing leeks over time and change them out? Sound like I should change all of them, huh?
Yea that's what I did. Changed them out as they started leaking. If I would have known they were all going to eventually leak I would have prolly done them all at once.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info WVXRS. I saw the coolant bleed procedure in the manual, but didn't pay enough attention to those screws. I could see the coolant trickling from the hose though. In the manual it says to bleed air from the coolant system, besides those 2 bolts, you're supposed to lift the front wheels of the ground 2', fill, run, then lift the drivers side 2' off the ground and fill, run, and check, or something like that!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same leak in never thought it could be that clamp I was going to replace the thermostat cover, bleeder bolt and washer. Anywhoo did you just clamp the hose and end of provlems?

·
Registered
251 Posts
More then likely it's that clamp herosrising. The stock clamps are junk. Get a regular hose clamp and you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts