Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mind the mud flying off the tires but what I can't stand is blasting through a water hole and the water shoots up through the floor board and soaks the bottom of my pants right in front of the seat. Haven't looked at it much and I'm not sure where the water is pushing through but I thought it would be cured when I installed the UTV Inc UHMW full skid plates. Figured it the bottom of the car is covered really well then it shouldn't be a problem. Anybody out there done anything to address this problem, I can't be the only one who doesn't like it. I can only guess that the water is getting inside through the gap between those removable plastic inner wheel well cover panels and the firewall.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that's weird ,

note to self - wear plastic pants when riding thru water in maverick !

Reactions: SoCalMav

·
Registered
668 Posts
Idk I ride thru all the time and I don't deal with this but I'm not blasting either.

·
Registered
640 Posts
how often do you get rain in AZ anyway? But I agree with you. I put mud busters on last weekend, and that helps with reducing the flying water but nothing about the water that creeps in. (btw... the mud busters worked great but they are too rigid and suspect they will not last long... plus on my XXC, they stick out further than the wheels...guess that helps reduce the flying mud!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Funny you mention that. I to hit a water hole this weekend and got blasted with mud up the whole back side of my right leg while riding at Durhamtown Plantation sportsmen park. I found it coming up through the drain hole at the front of the seat next to the clutch cover. I have the full plastic skids and its still getting up into the cockpit blasting my leg. I dont want to close up the drain hole but I might have to build some kind of a flap for them.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just talking about any water puddle about 10" deep and any speed above 25 mph. When the water comes in it's pressurized and straight across my legs right in front of the seat. My pants actually stay dry from my ankles to just above the knee. Annoys the heck out of me.
And no we don't get rain that much here in Arizona. That's why when there are water puddles I can't resist blasting through them!

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have same problems...even with my skids...water comes from front thru outer plastic and liner next to ur left foot...I used foam pipe wrap as a filler in this area...no more water on the front of my legs...for the back it comes up thru the only hole in the skid that's directly under ur rite knee if ur sitting in the car...u can use a grout sponge or a piece of tape to cure this...these will only work for the back of ur legs about 40 miles into a ride...I know because I hydro 80% of water holes I come across... If u hit them below 40 it won't come in... Just when ur blasting the shit out of them.... On a good note hitting them this fast there will be no other water that touches ur car...... my cure past the 40 mile point is moose gortex pants and gortex shoes.... Hope this helps

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have the same problem. If I hit a deep puddle at speed I can shoot two geyser up in front of both seats and it will hit the roof.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have same problems...even with my skids...water comes from front thru outer plastic and liner next to ur left foot...I used foam pipe wrap as a filler in this area...no more water on the front of my legs...for the back it comes up thru the only hole in the skid that's directly under ur rite knee if ur sitting in the car...u can use a grout sponge or a piece of tape to cure this...these will only work for the back of ur legs about 40 miles into a ride...I know because I hydro 80% of water holes I come across... If u hit them below 40 it won't come in... Just when ur blasting the shit out of them.... On a good note hitting them this fast there will be no other water that touches ur car...... my cure past the 40 mile point is moose gortex pants and gortex shoes.... Hope this helps
My UTV Inc skids have no holes in them at all. That's why I don't see how the water can be coming in from under the car. It has to come from somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Wonder if the water comes down through the center of the car under the air duct then finds it's way into cab area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonder if the water comes down through the center of the car under the air duct then finds it's way into cab area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's kind of what I've been thinking. It looks like a 'sheet' of water coming straight up from the floor.
Either that or it's coming in from the front of the skids. UTV Inc UHMW skids curl up at the front right behind the wheels and there is an area there where water can come through. I will need to get in there and take a look and see if I can block that area off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts