Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting to mount my winch for awhile now and can't stand the factory winch mount & don't really care for the front stock aluminum bumper either, so I decided to see what I could come up with. I have the bumper all tacked together, just can't decide wether I want to keep the hoop on top. I almost think it looks better with out it. What do guys think? 20130210_165053.jpg 20130210_165753 (1).jpg 20130209_173957.jpg

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could shorten up, I think it might also be the camera angle. I just wanted to try and keep the upper horizontal bar running with the body lines under the headlights. It also sits back about 5" further than the stock bumper so the tires are actually in front of the bumper. 20130210_165748.jpg

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Im with megadesertdiesel, looks like a frenchfry maker on top but love the bumper WITH hoop

·
Registered
649 Posts
Bad Ass... I wish I had all the tools to do this.......I hate the front bumper so bad that I think as soon as I get Mav I will drive it to Spyder Offroad in MS and have some stuff made.....I don't know what the hold up is with the Aftermarket.....Bumpers, Doors , Etc.... Im ready to buy with no one to take my money! I too want a Front Wrap Bumper with a winch Mount...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The bumper looks great! But the light bar is a little tall for my liking. Nice job on all the fab work!

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I used 1 1/2" tubing. When I get my 4" hids in the light bar it won't look so tall. There will be about 3/4" clearance between the bar & lights.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I gotta say it looks great either way. But its probably more functional with the top bar.

Can you make me one too? Haha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the bumper with the hoop but its not about what other people like its your machine do what you like and make it how you want it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. At first I thought it looked better w/o the hoop. Then I looked at it yesterday & kinda like the hoop on it now. We'll see what I'm thinking by the weekend when I get a chance to work on it again. There's going to be more to the bumper by the time I'm finished, its in framing mode now. The light bar is actually about an inch shorter than other aftermarket ones I've measured and is equal to the rear roof line - I really couldn't make it any shorter to clear the lights. We'll see what it looks like when I'm finished.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually worked on it a few hours today, I've been just too damn busy. I modified the EMP winch mount from my old Commander and incorporated it into my bumper. I don't really care for the BRP winch mount for the Mav, it puts the winch lower than mine by a few inches. Hopefully I will get it all done next weekend & ship it off to get powdercoated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll keep that in mind. I ordered the BRP mount for mine and plan on building my own front bumper too. I really like your design. I definitely like the top hoop.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the looks of the hoop on top. Maybe drop the bumper about 2 inches. Its your mav though. You do what you do. Looking good!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
are those the bling star commander doors on the maverick sticks ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts