Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked if they were aftermarket friendly. He said what do you mean? I explained that I've researched the Can Am primary, and that the two piece design is terrible. I then asked if I were to put an aftermarket primary on it, would it affect my warranty? He said that no one will warranty the cvt system after the initial six months is up! He said the extended warranties cover electrical and anything that is lubricated. The diffs, engine, cv's, and gearbox are covered. The belt, cvt system, and ujoints are NOT covered! He said I could bring my ///AIRDAM primary in and they will put it on instead of the oem one, and give me the oem one to take home. He said it won't affect the warranty further down the line.
I then asked if my Western extended warranty was good with them. He said yes, and that they are easier to deal with then the BRP extended warranty. And I've also read that in numerous threads on the Commander forum.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You just have to find a good dealer mine knows I've had snorkles installed cv tech clutch and exhaust they will still warranty mine

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
A lot of times it's good to be candid with your service department, it's nice to put an understanding with you and them together!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glamisfan, I think it's awesome your dealer said that. I would get it in writing though. I used to work for a Chevrolet and Chrysler dealer and they were really cool about warrantying things unless it was flat-out abuse. The dealer I bought my Maverick from didn't do the best on the sales end, but I'm crossing my fingers they will take care of me on the warranty end. Too many times I've seen dealers be SUPER pissy because you bought it somewhere else. Really? They make more money on the service side than they ever will on the sales side. A good service dept.-customer relationship is awesome. Years ago, my Yamaha dealer's service manager would call me if they had old parts from an insurance repair and sell me stuff dirt cheap for my race bike.

I haven't read the fine print on the Mav, but when I bought my Outlander it said the factory warranty specifically doesn't cover belts and other wear items. I did not buy the extended warranty on the Mav just because of the things I've been seeing here. If the primary fails in the next six months of me driving it, then Can Am can fix it and I'll start saving for an Airdam. If it doesn't fail, then I know I don't ride hard enough to need it (or I will have been lucky until it does break). When I raced flat track, I knew I was pushing my bike farther than Yamaha designed it. When I broke a ball joint, I replaced it with something better. When it didn't want to shift out of third down a straight a way, I bought the billet shift star. For goodness sake, if you play hard you have expect some parts failures. I know no one wants to pay close to $19K and have their stuff break driving across a flat field, but you have to expect a tie rod to bend when you jump 8' off the ground and land flat. I expect that I will break stuff. I'm half worried to romp on it on asphalt because the primary bolt may snap, but I really don't guess Can Am designed the Mav to be drag-race launched on blacktop either. I'm not trying to bash or bitch, but I guess a lot of the failures posted have seemed like guys are running the balls off their stuff anyway. I don't mean to offend anyone because I don't plan on being easy with mine either. It's just something that's been on my mind reading posts for the last two months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts