Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHould I hold out for the 2014 model? What changed do you think will be made and do you know when they usually release them? What are your general opinions on the '13 model? regret your purchase? Absolutely LOVE it? or in between. GIve me some reasons if you wouldnt mind. Any advice and inof would be excellant, this is a major purchase and I dont want to take it lightly!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Absolutely love it. I'm one of the guys that had had early clutch and belt problems. Got that dialed in. Now I just shred. Nothing like throwing roosts in them POPO drivers face. Just buy it man you will love it. I told my wife the other day this is hands down the best toy I've ever bought.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'll bet if you order now but take delivery in October it will be a 2014 model. When I ordered my Commander it took about 4 months and when it finally arrived in June of 2011 it was a 2012 model.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just buy it...drive the snot of it and enjoy!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya oct will be a 14 model, prolly the same but maybe a new color, and a better clutch fix ! but either way badass machines !

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ya oct will be a 14 model, prolly the same but maybe a new color, and a better clutch fix ! but either way badass machines !
X2...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I doubt they do anything different to the Mav in 14' except maybe a color change like Benzo said. They had more issues with the Commander when it came out & the only thing they changed that I can remember the following year was slightly large tie rods. Just get it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Doubt they change anything. Doesnt really need any changes imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Thanks for all the quick replies!! I am so pumped to get this thing even more now, hearing from guys that actually own them! Have any of you trail riddem the Mav or mostly dune ridden? I am up in Alaska till September then headed back to Maine( where I live permanently) so thats why I have to wait!
Again thanks again everyone!!!!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I am very happy with it. I wouldnt want another one without it. Probably the best add on I have bought yet.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have had my Mav in every kind of terrain possible. It's an awesome machine and handles it all well. If you was gonna get into rock crawling I would suggest the QE front diff as three wheeling doesn't work to well in the rocks. You should go check out the video section of the forum. There is a lot of videos showing how well the Mav performs. Like blown said power steering is a very welcomed upgrade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had my Mav in every kind of terrain possible. It's an awesome machine and handles it all well. If you was gonna get into rock crawling I would suggest the QE front diff as three wheeling doesn't work to well in the rocks. You should go check out the video section of the forum. There is a lot of videos showing how well the Mav performs. Like blown said power steering is a very welcomed upgrade.
SO the Mav doesnt have a locking front differential? I thought Visco was a locker just an automatic one?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow! Thanks for all the quick replies!! I am so pumped to get this thing even more now, hearing from guys that actually own them! Have any of you trail riddem the Mav or mostly dune ridden? I am up in Alaska till September then headed back to Maine( where I live permanently) so thats why I have to wait!
Again thanks again everyone!!!!!
I'm from central pa so all we ride is heavily wooded trail and I love the mav it really is an all around machine

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Mav goes any place. I have not discovered an obstacle done by bikes and quads, that The Mav don't do easily.
The opposition is also dumstruck. Mav is way ahead of the everything else out there. I won't wait months before I buy one, every weekend without it is fun times you are losing out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I trail ride mine in Pennsylvania and am very surprised how well it does in the tight trails. I leave my buddies in the dust on tight trails and they are on quads. These things corner so well. My buddies complain about their quads pushing through the turns. The Maverick's rear end slides around perfectly through every turn with just a touch of throttle. I had the opportunity to test ride a Commander with DPS (Can Am Demo Tour at Rock Run) thinking that power steering would be nice to have. After the test drive I concluded that power steering is not needed. I actually prefer it just the way it is. I bet 2014 will offer more packages similar to the Commander. One with a winch, one with power steering and probably one with all the accessories mounted. If you like the idea of driving a Ralley car, then the Maverick is for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone! Man I am so pumped to get back and get this thing now. I am coming from a 2009 King Quad 750 Rockstar edition. My wife likes to ride with me and the king quad was extremely uncomfortable on 50-80 mile rides and i think the Maverick is going to be the answer! I will share pics when I pic it up. I will be doing a full wrap kit on it as I print vinyl graphics so it should look pretty damn good!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Order it? You guys back east still have to order? I just went to 3 dealers and got the best offer, they all had multiple units available on the spot back in late February. Made a deal and waited 2 days for them to take it out of the crate and put it together, hauled it home and then went riding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts