Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been breaking mine in and I run in Sport Mode 2WD. I’ve noticed the fastest I can go is about 18-20 miles per hour, but I see people flying in these things. I’m going to continue a slow steady break in; but when I’m ready, what should I be riding in? Forgive me but I’m new to all this and have looked through the forums and the tube...any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you have the seatbelt on? If not then that is your problem. They only go about 15 mph when you don't have it on. You can get a bypass plug if you want to disable that feature.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
You should be able to go a lot faster then that. Are you using your seat belt ? It is speed limited with it unplugged.

^^^what he said !

·
Premium Member
10,640 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Drive it like you stole it! Seriously, if you can't go faster than 20, and your seat belt is in, your dealer might not have unlocked the ECU. How new is it? Definitely drive in 2wd, unless your in the dunes or somewhere where you need 4wd.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol I appreciate everyone chiming in and yes it was the seatbelt, I didn’t put it on because I hadn’t adjusted it or the seat yet, I’m pretty big and have not planned on going any after that 15 miles per hour for break-in. I realized it was the seatbelt after looking at bypass videos. Don’t worry, I will be safe and wear it, I’m just so new I didn’t know if everything was functioning properly.

love this forum, the peeps are fast to answer and friendly!!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hight gear ? Seems that sometimes is amiss no warnings on the dash for as others said seatbelt something the twanger doesn’t get seated

Starts right up no sluggish starts and you have the white key fob

It’s possible that the dealer hadn’t released the service speed control after it was assembled

1 - 8 of 8 Posts