61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thats sucks !!!!! :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea both units had less than 4 hours on them! this one was about 1.5 seconds before impact. All-terrain vehicle Sand Vehicle Natural environment Desert racing

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes sir appreciate it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
WOW, nice air though!!! :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
That down at kermit? Group of guys I used to ride with are on their way now. I was supposed to be going but the maverick was in the shop.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yea that was at Kermit. Don't forget flags, that's about the only rule they inforce.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Speaking of flags, is it true that dirt bikes don't have to have flags? I heard it wasn't required for them, but it was for quads, utv, sand rail, etc.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I View attachment 9515 wreaked it last week at the dunes, as for the maverick i had to order new front bumber and skid plates. and for my boys bike i had to replace all plastics, radiator, handle bars, and pegs.
Damn, that was crazy watching that up close. It's good everyone turned up to be ok, but that's an expensive accident. Since you're going to replace the skids, are you going to go aftermarket?

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea as for the flags, It states on the web site that bikes dont need them, but as you can see it might be benificial. They have never said anything to me about needing one on the bike.

Im not sure on the skids, i thought about going with aluminum ones, the four seater bottoms out alot at the hils but i wasnt really able to check to see how the sand affected them before the accident.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Oh ok, I gotcha. I don't know if they make them, but look into UHMW skids. They are thick and can take a lot of abuse.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea thats true, might just have to do that. im always down for saving a buck!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Ok guys, we are riding this weekend if anyone wants to meet us there. Some are going Friday night and staying till Sunday. I won't be there till Saturday afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

61 - 75 of 75 Posts