Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start this thread so maybe other people could see it and join if they wanted. I know there's already a few on here that are going.

·
Registered
400 Posts
im certainly going to try and be there.... :)

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
459 Posts
I will most definatly be there.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's just north of Byers tx, it not an official atv park so you won't find a lot of info on it. I've never been but after talking to a couple of people and seeing some video this place is pretty awesome. Use google maps and just follow 79 north from Byers till you get to the red river and you've found it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Tomcat, 7 hr drive from me and I don't get off work till the day before. Y'all have fun and post some pics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm going to try and make it if my maverick is done at the dealer. Are there any hotels in Byers or other close towns? It's about a 2.5-3hr drive for me not sure I'd want to drive home after riding all day.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing in Byers, not sure what's back your way. Some of us are going up Friday for the weekend. Some are taking campers and tents. Ill be in a hammock.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Camping by the trucks or on the river? I assume you just park on the side of the hwy? I looked on google and didn't really see a spot that you could get a truck down to get near the river.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The campers will stay by the bridge. If you have 4wd you can get to the river. You'll be able to camp by your truck either way.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It just occured to me I've got family 30min away in the wilson area. I've got a lifted F250, I'm not worried about being near the truck I just like to be able to get the truck down by the river I like having the extra supplies and tools close.

I have a freind with a 700 raptor that might go, is the river normally shallow enough there for a sport quad?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a lot of friends that will be on sport quads, I don't see that being an issue. We will have some tent camping with us as well, we may have a small city going on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good, his is stock with the box and lid it'll go pretty deep for a quad, ends up stuck more often then drowned out. Ispent years riding my raptor and yfz at the river. But it's only m second year with a SxS, will be the first river trip with the maverick.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts