Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both vehicles are bone stock as they come. The RZR is a 2012 XP. Note the differences, one is the XP was done in February and the Maverick in July so there is a 40-50 degree difference so colder makes more power and the charts are different due to having to start at 15 mph on the maverick versus 5 on the XP which is what we normally do because the Maverick kit rev limiter due to a clutching calibration or spinning on dyno so simply mentally slide the xp graph to the left over the Maverick graph then compare.

I would say if done on same day they would be very little difference but the XP would still edge out because the factory clutch calibration is more accurate than the Maverick which loses about300 rpm them picks it back up.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
weird how the xp shows more power and weights 95lbs less but still loses by over 3 car lengths in a race .

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weird how the xp shows more power and weights 95lbs less but still loses by over 3 car lengths in a race .
I have not raced the maverick vs my xp but I swear I think the XP is quicker, I know it is faster top end but it has a box on it

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah its funny cuz I also have raced 3 different XP's and beat them all by about 3 car lengths inabout 300 ft. Interesting tho.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its funny cuz I also have raced 3 different XP's and beat them all by about 3 car lengths inabout 300 ft. Interesting tho.
I guess I need to race ours against each other to see. Problem is now the XP has different tires, Dalton clutch kti, muzzy pipe and gen 4 controller and before mrrpm pipes in, all of that was not on it when I did the baseline dyno run used in this post

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I guess I need to race ours against each other to see. Problem is now the XP has different tires, Dalton clutch kti, muzzy pipe and gen 4 controller and before mrrpm pipes in, all of that was not on it when I did the baseline dyno run used in this post
When I raced the XP's mine was just off the showroom floor. I beleive the XP 's were also bone stock no bolt - on mods

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
we know the mav is faster then the rzr900 stock vs stock all day , tons of u-tube videos for that

were just worried about the way ur dyno is reading or the way ur using it - lol

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I raced the XP's mine was just off the showroom floor. I beleive the XP 's were also bone stock no bolt - on mods
I'm thinking my xp as is should be a fair race, 88hp versus 101 engine HP, no clue why more is reaching the ground on XP, guessing the clutch calibration. Keep in mind clutching does not increase HP but if done right more will get to the ground.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
get the maverick dialed in clutch exhaust tuned, race the xp

·
Registered
395 Posts
That is so amazing that you can lose 50% horsepower thru the drive train, meaning clutch, drive shaft, etc. 50 horsepower!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well if your clutching is anything like mine, you won't win against anything!! Make sure yours is hitting rpm and not shifting out at 45mph and dropping your rpm down to 7050. It's bullshit with this issue and my dealer is waiting to hear back from canam as to what step there gonna take next..

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
His xp dyno pull had much cooler air. That makes more power. 51 hp is not what it really puts to the ground. Other people have said it had 71 hp on their dyno. 51 is a "baseline" run on his dyno.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Also, the xp has I think 1 less 90* turn between the crank and the axles. Each time that power is turned a different direction, you scrub off some power.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey St222 Has the dealer changed out your primary and secondary springs? Mine was doing the same thing and with new BRP springs, it brought the RPM's back up to 78-7900 RPM's

·
Registered
395 Posts
If a XP is faster, I've not seen it. With tons and tons of drag racing on the drag strip at Busco Beach, Ive not been beat by a XP yet, usually 3 lengths in 300 feet.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hey St222 Has the dealer changed out your primary and secondary springs? Mine was doing the same thing and with new BRP springs, it brought the RPM's back up to 78-7900 RPM's
CAnam had my dealer put in an aftermarket secondary spring from EPI, but that didn't cure mine. I wish I knew how to put my vid on here

1 - 20 of 29 Posts