Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the tool we wanted to use is not longer made I came up with something quick on our plasma cutter we can make here to hold the primary. Wish we have a little more equipment to make one that holds both. That will come later so I will be cutting these out here using some 3/16 material and two 8mm bolts also have the can am secondary holding tool here as well. This is something just quick, easy and cheap that will do the job. Thinking like $15 I have to get some material first, the one in picture was cut using some 14ga which is on the thin side but it worked for prototyping.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
looks good ,

just weld on another flat strap and put 2 more bolts on it for the secondary !, all in one tool

or just drill 2 more holes and make the bolts bolt in and out

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Actually he could probably just move the tool into place and drill 1 more hole to line up with a secondary bolt and it will hold both clutches from turning.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Kinda what I was thinking after reading Benzo's post.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it sounds easy, but not that easy to do to sell. One, the secondary only has one threaded hole. The secondary is at a different depth, I don't have a way to put two 45 degree bends to offset it. Lastly the plasma cutter does not cut a smooth enough hole to put a roll pin in like the stock tool.

Keep in mind making one tool for yourself is way different than making one to sell, the one you sale will get scrutinized to death and it has to be right.

I will figure something out but in the short term you can get the one tool I make for $15 and the secondary holder for $25 which is $60 plus less than the BRP all in one tool

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
U couldn't just copy the wild cat tool U have now

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup yup !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts