Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't post stuff as a vendor here yet, waiting on Admin

I just thought I would post we bought a new Maverick X RS for product testing and development.

Continuing the tradition of not just selling products but adding experience and in house testing to the mix so we can support you and the products better.

As soon as we get vendor status I will post up what we are working on and over the next few weeks we will be adding products to the Maverick section on our site.

Todd

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and looking forward to seeing the products you come up with.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Cool Todd can't wait to see sum of ur creations !

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Todd, I'll be stalking... I mean following you over here...

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
indeed, welcome!
words of advice
don't advertise new products until they are in stock and ready to ship. ALOT of people on here say this only to be taking our money to do the research with or pay last months bills, then two months later decide to ship. just what I've experienced. I wont fall for that anymore on here

·
Registered
424 Posts
^^^^ true story. That's why we took so long to start shipping QSC primaries. We wanted a full proof set up before we started shipping. We are still having to make minor tweaks for some guys that have one off set ups. But it's better than sending them out with shift outs way below where they need to be or having the machine sit on the redline

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
indeed, welcome!
words of advice
don't advertise new products until they are in stock and ready to ship. ALOT of people on here say this only to be taking our money to do the research with or pay last months bills, then two months later decide to ship. just what I've experienced. I wont fall for that anymore on here

Don't worry we are not like a lot of people. Our motto, "We Don't Suck"

Been in this UTV gig 10 plus years!!

Todd

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
First things first, molded fender flares please, Something similar to the xp's that go with the lines and actually work please. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
853 Posts
When I had my Rhino there was no one better to go to then Todd at Hunterworks. This guy and his company are the best. I am looking forward to Hunterworks developing products for the Mav.

Dennis

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kudos from old rhino days.

I am sorry to say, we are not in the plastics business.

We focus on clutching, fuel injection etc. We like to figure out the technical stuff and help you with it so it is easy for you.

We have our own in house dyno too so we will be doing some bolt on performance mods and be able to quantify them.

Right now, muzzy exhaust is sending me a full system to test and Unisteer is sending me a power steering to add to the mix. Thinking we might be able to negotiate a new lower price for this USA made power steering.

Again I am working with admin here now to get my vendor section up. I have about five forum accounts and trying to get the right forums and pricing right. We will be on here for sure

Todd

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today none, Dalton just finished up on their kit. We will get one, play and test it, get used to it in the Maverick then start to sell and support it.

Later there is a another company I am working with that is coming out with a complete adjustable primary and secondary replacements.

If that works as it should we will be carrying them as well and just the kits from Dalton.

We have had great success with the Dalton kits on any vehicle they make one for.

Also Gates is ever testing and developing belts, they are not resting, they are moving forward and we work directly with engineering there as well.

Todd

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be interested to see your dyno results for the Muzzy. Have been told there is some decent HP gains so it will be nice to have another vendor verify there own results.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be interested to see your dyno results for the Muzzy. Have been told there is some decent HP gains so it will be nice to have another vendor verify there own results.
Muzzy claims 11% they know I won't fudge numbers. Have any RZR owner call me and ask about a exhaust for their, the reply is don't waste money not enough gain to spend the funds on. Hard to sell exhaust with this attitude but I simply will NOT sell something that does not work or do something.

I know the Muzzy works great on rhino's and Teryx's so I am looking forward to the test.

I have to lay down some base line numbers and air/fuel ratios first.

Todd

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are you going to test it with the digi-tune installed?
My gut says its a little less than they claim but still some improvement. So keep us posted on what you find.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you going to test it with the digi-tune installed?
My gut says its a little less than they claim but still some improvement. So keep us posted on what you find.
No I won't be using the digitune. We like and use the Power Commander V or the Dobeck Gen 4 with the Gen 4 being our favorite.

The Digitune is a Dobeck Gen 3.5, the newer Gen 4 makes way more sense and less money when you take in to account a air/fuel ratio gauge. For more info go to our site and look at it for the XP 900 and read the tech article on it.

I also will be testing with no fuel controller too.

Todd

·
Registered
853 Posts
When I added Muzzys to my Rhino we discussed the power increase on the rhino forums. Todd (Hunterworks) suggested I add the MSD and he would send me the map for it. It was the single best thing I did to my rhino besides selling it and buying my Commander.

I'm super stoked these guys are here.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 23 Posts