Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I hope it works better for ya st222, I'm sure the average rider that doesn't mod the shit out of the maverick would love a performance gain from dalton

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
awesome…hope it gets you all fixed up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm taking it in in the morning. I had to wait for canam to send me new clutches (under warranty) and they came in today, and dalton industries hooked me up with one of there clutch kits... So as soon as the dealer is done doing all the clutch warranty stuff I will be updating this thread!!
Good luck tomorrow

·
Vendor
594 Posts
I would still tell dalton to wake up and come back to earth on his price for a maverick clutch kit which contains (1) $ 40 dollar spring we need weights ehhh don't need them , , we don't need to pay 200 for his testing he wants to make a product and sell it that's normal for all the testing that needs to be done to make sure a product ur selling (Dalton) not u , is good or not,

and plus we rather have u test it for free like u do to make sure its a good product b4 u sell it- not him, hes the maker, lol
THanks but he has $5000 in the injection mold alone for the bushings in the flyweights. Also a near equal EPI kit is $299. The price is not going to change, it can't really. Sorry nothing I can do about it, I use them myself, they work and nothing out there comes close in ease of use.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lol

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ok so after he has sold enough kits to pay for the molds and all the other manufacturing costs, will the price drop? Probably not. :)

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Ok so after he has sold enough kits to pay for the molds and all the other manufacturing costs, will the price drop? Probably not. :)
This is kit is just $249, one of the kits we sell is $355 for the Teryx.

don't shoot the messenger. Keep in mind there are a lot of fingers in the pie. The set screw people, the machine shop who make the weights, the heat treaters, the coating people, the bushing makers, the bushing installing people, the spring makers then comes Dalton, distributors and dealers. And for that price they are shipped twice from canada to me and to you so Fedex and UPS has their finger in the pie.

Crap, I hope we are making money at this!!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I might be a sucker here soon cuz I just got back from a ride now only hitting 6700 rpm while doing 40 then flooring it , is that still to low, even when driving at 40 then flooring it , rpm's only going to 6700-6800 maybe 7000

·
Vendor
594 Posts
I might be a sucker here soon cuz I just got back from a ride now only hitting 6700 rpm while doing 40 then flooring it , is that still to low, even when driving at 40 then flooring it , rpm's only going to 6700-6800 maybe 7000
If that is right probably no clutch kit gonna fix it. I always say fix the problem then get the product. No need in throwing parts at a problem even though we benefit

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If that is right probably no clutch kit gonna fix it. I always say fix the problem then get the product. No need in throwing parts at a problem even though we benefit
u don't think the Dalton spring will fix my rpm's ?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
This is kit is just $249, one of the kits we sell is $355 for the Teryx.

don't shoot the messenger. Keep in mind there are a lot of fingers in the pie. The set screw people, the machine shop who make the weights, the heat treaters, the coating people, the bushing makers, the bushing installing people, the spring makers then comes Dalton, distributors and dealers. And for that price they are shipped twice from canada to me and to you so Fedex and UPS has their finger in the pie.

Crap, I hope we are making money at this!!!

I was just playing with ya. Like I said earlier in this thread. I'm a snowmobiler so I'm use to $250 clutch kits.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I doubt it, you can look at it like this, it appears they all need it and it might fix your issue. But that low of RPM is just too low. You got in sport mode or using right key?
ya it takes off at like 7700-7800 but when im cruzing 40-45 and floor it only goes to 7000 now was 7200-7400 before , idk ill try again , lol

I think st222 was that low to so ill see what he says

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
ya it takes off at like 7700-7800 but when im cruzing 40-45 and floor it only goes to 7000 now was 7200-7400 before , idk ill try again , lol

I think st222 was that low to so ill see what he says
When I would pin mine and never lift, it would only go to 7400-7500 maybe a little more, but as soon as I ot to 45-50 my rpm's would fall to 7150 and then climb from there... It would hit 7600 at 70mph and then 8000 at 76 mph.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
When I would pin mine and never lift, it would only go to 7400-7500 maybe a little more, but as soon as I ot to 45-50 my rpm's would fall to 7150 and then climb from there... It would hit 7600 at 70mph and then 8000 at 76 mph.
if your cruzing say 40 mph or 50 mph and u floor it whats the rpms go to

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well that's a tuff call cause at right around that mph is when my shift out proble is. Somewhere in that mph is when mine would fall to 7150, meaning if I was cruzin at that speed and at that spot it would be low, but if I were a hair below it I would hit 7400-7500. Yours may be at that bad shift out spot. When you hold yours pinned do you here it shift out? It sounds like it goes into overdrive for no reason! You can hear it and see it on your rpms, if so you have the clutch issue and are not getting full benifit on your mav. Your mav shouldn't just drop rpm, if your pinning it and u see 7700-7800 it should half ass stay there and not drop.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well that's a tuff call cause at right around that mph is when my shift out proble is. Somewhere in that mph is when mine would fall to 7150, meaning if I was cruzin at that speed and at that spot it would be low, but if I were a hair below it I would hit 7400-7500. Yours may be at that bad shift out spot. When you hold yours pinned do you here it shift out? It sounds like it goes into overdrive for no reason! You can hear it and see it on your rpms, if so you have the clutch issue and are not getting full benifit on your mav. Your mav shouldn't just drop rpm, if your pinning it and u see 7700-7800 it should half ass stay there and not drop.
ya when I pin mine it goes to 7800-8k - then around 50 drops to 7200 7400

41 - 60 of 155 Posts