Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna give a big shout out to dale from dalton industries. I wanna thank him for taking the time to talk to me for a 1/2 hour about mine and a lot of other mav's with the rpm issues. Dale even went as far as contacting my dealer and talking to them!!, that's just awesome to me!!. Apparently the mav he tested did the same rpm thing mine does and he got to develop a clutch kit to fix that problem...wich is good news... well between dalton and my dealer I'm getting one of these clutch kits to test out on my mav. That's awesome enough to give them a huge thanks!. My dealer got ahold of me yesterday and the kit arrived already, so dale must of overnighted it,, again awesome..
I am gonna update this thread when I get my mav back and run it for an update on how it runs....again thank you dalton industries.....scott

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey so maybe some progress for you finally.
way to step up Dalton,nice job.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Sweet can't wait for the outcome news

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Vendor
594 Posts
I talk with Dale daily and we talked about yours. Glad you got the kit.

We will have them in stock this coming week.

Keep in mind, almost all Mavericks drop RPM in stock form.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
so Dalton wants $250 for 1 spring and 3 weights ? :(

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wow, that's steep if true.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
so Dalton wants $250 for 1 spring and 3 weights ? :(
Afraid so, works great and is adjustable. If you don't want to buy aftermarket clutches and you want to get rid of the rpm varying, better backshifting and adjustable clutching for mods such as larger tires and it be easy as pie to set up it is cheap. We are $249 shipped and a free install video.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the spring is just for the 2ndary tho , will that help with the primary slipping ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
You lost me there, the kit is three adjustable weights and a secondary spring. A slipping primary is another issue not connected to this kit
I was telling mimav

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With all the bullcrap IV bin going thru with mine and I'm sure all u guys are to, then $249 to fix that sound good to me!!. Wish I could of had this kit from day one...

·
Vendor
594 Posts
I have made a complaint to Dalton and told him the only issue I had is price compared to other kits. His reply and I support it is it just cost, it is not the parts but the testing.

What I can tell you is after using and selling Dalton kits for 5 years, I can tell you if you have stock clutches, stock engine or minor engine mods and you are wanting better clutch calibration or the ability to adjust for tires, sand riding, heavy loads etc nothing beats them for performance and ease of use.

If Dalton makes a kit for it, then it needed clutch calibration from the factory. If it does not need some particular part of the clutch such as springs or weights he does not put them in the kits. Example, some vehicle kits only have springs, some have primary springs only with weights, some have secondary springs with weights etc. There is absolutely no generic replace all parts in the clutch kits like some do. I have learned to simply trust Dalton and do exactly what they say do and have had nothing but success with it.

Hunterworks won't sell junk and this kit is no exception, we also would not sell it until we got one for our own Maverick that we bought to test said products for, not because we wanted another UTV.

Todd

·
Vendor
594 Posts
I will add this Maverick adds to the level of issues with clutching with the apparent minor number of clutch failures but failures none the less. Makes it a hard sell for a kit for a stock one because of this. Kit does work but I would be of the opinion someone should wait until after 500 miles on a stock clutch so he knows he has a good one then work from there.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Good point otherwise you may get the impression the kit didn't work or at least didn't meet expection.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will add this Maverick adds to the level of issues with clutching with the apparent minor number of clutch failures but failures none the less. Makes it a hard sell for a kit for a stock one because of this. Kit does work but I would be of the opinion someone should wait until after 500 miles on a stock clutch so he knows he has a good one then work from there.
Yea it would suck for the clutch bolt to break and wipe out the new kit with it!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So how did the kit work for you ST222?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts