Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many people are trail riding the Maverick and how well it does? I have a deposit on a base model and I'm wondering if it is going to be to big for the trails. I live in n.w. Pennsylvania and the trails tend to be a little tight. I just don't want to spend that kind of money and not be able to ride. I was hoping to hear from some members from this area to see what they say. There must not be to many problems, because my local dealer cant even keep them on the floor.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
your gonna luv it out on the trail man !!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im in Ga. but I do trail ride mine and it kicks ass with comfort. :cool2:

·
Registered
487 Posts
This is where it shines if u ask me, turns great, rides good, and fun as hell in comfort! Can't go wrong. Imho

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I know you were specifically looking for feedback from folks in your neck of the woods but out west, we ride in tight ravines and washouts which are not lined with trees but do have rock walls and cliffs to limit the width of the trails and the Maverick is just as maneuverable and nimble as the smaller Polaris offerings….trails are typically as wide as the vehicles that ride on them since the vehicles are what forged the trails…4" is not really that much considering the extra width is primarily in the wheels/tires and not the cab…..so unless your trails have a strict width limit, I would highly consider the maverick as it is far superior on ride comfort and handling and is an amazing trail machine…..

·
Registered
93 Posts
You will love the comfort of the Mav! If you have driven a RZR you will see why... We trail ride ours in AZ desert and is way more comfortable than are old RZR. Very fun to drive.

·
Registered
502 Posts
We have some tight trails down here n sometime following my poo poo buddies I say to myself I won't fit but there hasn't been one time
I haven't fit and they are all bad ass experienced drivers n this is my first SxS but the maverick just controls the trail the trail doesn't control the maverick

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with everything everyone else has said. I loved my modofied Teryx, but the Mav is definately more comfortable to drive and has a ton of torque which gives you loads of acceleration. Fun as shit to drive.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You will love the ride. It has the best ride of them all. I do nothing but trail riding and it does great. Its fun to switch it into sport mode every once in a while too.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I take min e out of sport mode when i am going over a bunch of rocks and it gets turbulent. All the other times I am in sport laughing my tail off having fun. Nothing like coming around a corner, planting the accelerator and covering up a rhino and wild pussy with mud.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It's jam up my man..... Tested mine out in Tennessee this weekend in the mountains and she shined. I don't have QE and didn't have any problems on hill climbs or rock gardens. In my opinion can am hit a home run with the Maverick when it comes to trails.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just leave it in normal mode. Switch on the dash. Cant miss it. If you want to have even more fun put her in sport mode and ol Scotty will send her to warp drive!
I think you missed my point..........mine never comes out of SPORT mode so I wouldn't know how to flip that switch! :smile:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was wondering how many people are trail riding the Maverick and how well it does? I have a deposit on a base model and I'm wondering if it is going to be to big for the trails. I live in n.w. Pennsylvania and the trails tend to be a little tight. I just don't want to spend that kind of money and not be able to ride. I was hoping to hear from some members from this area to see what they say. There must not be to many problems, because my local dealer cant even keep them on the floor.
Here is a video of me trail riding in SC last weekend. The trails are narrower and a lot rougher than they look in the video. I had to keep stopping to let my buddy catch up so just fast forward a couple of minutes when I stop.
You may want to open in youtube and change the quality to 1080p.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think you missed my point..........mine never comes out of SPORT mode so I wouldn't know how to flip that switch! :smile:
X2!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ride in Western PA on trails used mainly by ATV's. When in the tight stuff, I pull away from two of my buddy's on their Outlander 800 and Polaris Sportsman 500. The trails are pretty tight too. I was also very skeptical about the trail riding the Maverick. But I figured the only other alternative would be the RZR 800 50" wide model. I knew I would outgrow that thing the first ride. I am very happy with the Maverick on the trails. By buddy on his Outlander 800 was so impressed that he traded it in for a Maverick after only riding his new Outlander for 6 hours. I am sure he took a big hit, but he is now happy. There is one place in Western PA called Mines and Meadows that is a little too narrow for the Maverick. It can handle all the trails but it's slow going. Anywhere that you can get an ATV up to 30 MPH, the Mav will do just fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts